Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Busy last couple of days here. I've been sick for about a week, and then all of a sudden it bumps up a notch last week, and now I have pneumonia :evil: I feel like a piece of poo.

Anyway, my mom's been coming over to help out with the kids (it figures that my daughter has this week off :roll: ) My hubs doesn't get home from work until 6-8pm. It was really hard to keep Dex occupied and happy...so I decided to have him spend a few days at the PetSmart PetsHotel nearby. we took him there yesterday, he played at Dog Camp, and spent last night there. Today he's going to be there for Camp most of the day, and based on how I'm feeling (not better) he'll likely stay there tonight as well.

I called a few times, and they say he's doing fine, the only thing is that he's not really eating much. But I feel better knowing that he's not cooped up here in the house, and he's playing with other doggies all day...something he loves.

I hope you guys don't have any horror stories re: PetSmart Hotel...everything I read and saw looked good. Ugh, I'm nervous, but I think I did the right thing....

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awwh...I'm sorry you are so sick :( I think you did the right thing. I think Linda took Bella there before and was happy with the place. Let me know what you think of it. Feel better soon!!!

G

·
Loved PetSmart. Bella is going back next Saturday for a week! The only 'bad' thing I heard came from the front desk girl when she said a bath would be fine for Bella right before I picked her up, but she just could not recommend the groomer because the groomer was such a mean and nasty person :shock: :lol: I think she meant towards her, not the dogs! And I'm sure many groomers like dogs better than people, so their people skills may not be too good! Hey, I like dogs better than some people too! :lol:

G

·
Lot's of people I know ended up with pneumonia this year! All young and healthy just like you, Lynn. It's been a bad year, I thought it was over! Feel better soon and REST! Everyone who got this said if they pushed themselves too soon, it just got worse! So relax and know Dex is happy!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
oh (((((LYNN)))) i sure hope you recouperate faster than me
had the same thing , the flu then pneumonia...TAKE IT EASY!

and good idea having Dexter get his exercise via Petsmart Hotel

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Lynn, I hope you're all better very soon.
I'm sure Dex will do great. How good of you to think of him when you're so miserable.

G

·
Get well soon! And taking Dex to daycare is not a bad thing. Maya has pretty much spent most of the last month at daycare since work has been crazy busy and she loves every minute of it. She is so cute when I drop her off. She gets so excited she is there and she starts to go in the back with the daycare teacher and then she forgets that she forgot to say good bye to me so she stops and runs back to me for her last hug and pets and then will run back to the teacher a look at her like ok I'm ready now!! We always laugh when she does this!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hope you get better soon! What a wonderful treat to go to daycare and have sleepovers too!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Im getting admitted to the hospital :evil: I need IV antibiotics. I'm in the ER typing this on my iPhone, waiting for a bed. Grrrr. NOT a happy camper.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Lynn, I 'm sorry you have to go in to hosptial - hopefully it will be a short stay
I'm sure Dex will be fine at the Pet hotel for a few days, sounds like he is adjusting there.

hugs and prayers
mary & annabelle

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hope you have a speedy recovery and are back to full health soon. Like others have said.....don't push yourself.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Lynn I hope you feel better soon. You can tell you are a hard core doodle lover. Your in the hospital and you are typing us. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Take it easy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts