Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dexter's never been much of a humper. He tried a couple times when playing and we said a strong "no" and he stopped. In the few days since he's been neutered, he's doin' the humpty hump to everything upright, the cat, our legs, the chairs, etc. I looked at him awhile ago and said "for the love of god, dog, did they install somebody else's acorns in you?" It's going from funny to worriesome now. Should I call the vet? Is it just hormone fluctuations and will subside soon?

Anybody else's doodle "feelin the love" after going to the vet for a snip?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha...sorry to laugh at your expense... :oops:

I have heard of dogs humping more right after being neutered...in addition, our Dexter had been bad with it until he was about 6 mos old.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver did the humpy humpy a lot after neuter :oops: for about a week to ten days. We were told to ignore it and we did(as much as you can.LOL)
He has since stopped. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Raleigh was humping Molly non stop a few weeks ago. :shock: ..she just ignored him and gave him a withering look...and when he got off of her he was still humping the air!!! which was kind of funny to see....since then he calmed down and has done nothing...it will be interesting to see if he starts up again after this neutering...a friend of mine told me that it takes a few months for the hormones to kind of even themselves out..
Kathie, Raleigh & Molly

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Jonah slowed down on the humping after his "fixin'"...that is til Miko came into the picture. He's slowed down on it the last few days, but if she gets "special attention" he'll let her know by humping that he is still #1....for the moment. :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max too was humping peanut hahahhaaa sorry but peanut let him know what NO meant!! shecan be a fiesty one at times :wink:

hahhahaaahahhaha ACORNS hahahhahaaa!! sorry but that is sooooo funny!!!

oh max tried humping me 2x, and has finally stopped.
oh last Sunday , i did get marked last Sunday by mistake too. it was meant for peanut? talk about a warm fuzzy feeling hahhahaa

hang in ther it will stop soon

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the reassurance! Gene, don't you know by now to never take the coffee near the doodle forum?

You all should see the site when Kevin plays the banjo and Dexter humps along to cripple creek, it's a hoot!!

I don't want to scold him for his raging hormones, but dang!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Dextersmommy said:
You all should see the site when Kevin plays the banjo and Dexter humps along to cripple creek, it's a hoot!!

I don't want to scold him for his raging hormones, but dang!
Now that would be a video to see...with advance warning! :shock:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
warning...drinking coffee is bad enough and spitting it out on your computer screen while readin witty and honest forum replies.
HOWEVER drinking soda and it coming out YOUR NOSE really stings!!! hahahhahaaa and then you start coughing, gasping for air and well you know the rest. :wink:

I want a video of that one!?? humping to the ole bango.
"Oh susuanna don't you worry bout me, I have a doodle humping muh knee!!! hahahhaa

uh, long day at work?! :wink:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Archie was a humping MANIC! We'd have to keep reminding him that "no means no". It went on a couple weeks after his snippage and became quite annoying.

G

·
30 days after is when the raging hormones will cease :lol:
And here is an interesting item(swallow all coffee and soda first :lol: ):

"Neuticles allowing your pet to retain his natural look, self esteem and aids in the trauma associated with neutering.

With Neuticles- It's like nothing ever changed! "

:roll: :lol:

http://www.neuticles.com/index1.html

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Now I finally know what Jonah is really telling me when he barks at me. I always thought he had to go out, was hungry or wanted to play! Silly me, he wanted his "self-esteem" back! :roll:

Bad daddy!! :oops:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
This forum is always good for a few laughs :lol: :lol:

The best thing to do when Dexter is doing the humpidity hump hump is to destract him with a game of fetch or his favorite toy. This will cease with a little time.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now I finally know what Jonah is really telling me when he barks at me. I always thought he had to go out, was hungry or wanted to play! Silly me, he wanted his "self-esteem" back!

Bad daddy!!
You know when Dexter was all sprawled out for the world to see the other day, I think I saw him blush! But if I buy him some fake acorns, then I'm gonna have to get his cat brother fake acorns, and dang, I ain't got enough cash for all those nuts! :oops: :p

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Dextersmommy said:
Now I finally know what Jonah is really telling me when he barks at me...he wanted his "self-esteem" back!
You know when Dexter was all sprawled out for the world to see the other day, I think I saw him blush! But if I buy him some fake acorns, then I'm gonna have to get his cat brother fake acorns, and dang, I ain't got enough cash for all those nuts! :oops: :p
we got lots of OAK trees in my area...i can fed ex you acorns anytime you want!!!

DI---lately Peanut is Max's distraction/toy : :roll: hahahahha and yes I distract him now by saying NO and then playing with them with a DIFFERENT toy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts