Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an email from JAC ...say a prayer they don't have to evacuate their home
(they live in California)

Reason Why:
there are 2 fires that are burning out of control as their house is between the fires
Both are close enough that Jac and her hubby can smell them and see them.
The winds are blowing toward them too so they now are preparing to evacuate. They hope they don't have to, but are preparing just in case.

SO please join me in saying prayers for their safety and their dogs
and they are okay

PS I am going to be calling Jac tomorrow if she doesn't call me first.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Just came on-line after reading about this fire in the paper.....
OMG!!! Poor Jacque!! My prayers are with you & your hubby! And prayers for the fire to pass you guys up! Even so....be careful...the smoke is no good to breathe either, man OR beast! BE SAFE!!!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Just talked to Jac--so far all is still ok . . . The winds in N. CA have been terrible. Jac said 21 homes destroyed in her area; yesterday, 30 homes were lost in Stockton . . . All this out west and the poor folks in the east are losing their homes to floods . . . it's all so sad.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hey, thanks guys! We are okay...still watching things, but nothing too bad yet. The fires are close enough, all right, and we smell smoke...but no evacuation yet.
In just an hour, the area burned went from 3500 acres to 6000...so it is a pretty fast moving fire, but they also went from 0% contained to 10% contained, so they are makeing headway.
In the grand scheme of things, we are doing well...thanks for your good wishes...
I hope that everyone in the midst of the horrible storms are well and safe too. This is a tough season.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Oh my gosh, I didn't realize these were close to you! :shock: I'm glad you're okay, and I hope they get the fire under control SOON. We'll be praying for you guys. And if you need anything just let me know, we're only a few hours away. :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Prayers from South Carolina for you too, Jac! I didn't realize they were so close to you. Keep us posted when you can, but above all, you, your family, and your dogs STAY SAFE!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Oh Jac. We will keep you and your in our thought and prayers. I hope the fire gets under control soon.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
As Mother Nature prepares to sock us with still more rain in the Midwest today, we are grateful. Water dries. Wish you the best. Stay safe!!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Many prayers and blessings being sent your way Jac for you and your famlies safety! Hope all turns out well!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Hope you're safe and sound Jac. Prayers coming your way from Michigan!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts