Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new puppy owner to Charlie, an 11 week old labradoodle :D , and I am wondering about games to play with him. I don't want to encourage tug-of-war, and we've tried tossing the ball, but he generally isn't interested in that. Usually, he chews on his toys and then when he's really wound up, he'll "wrestle" with his stuffed animals. Any suggestions on how we could interact more? thanks!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Jenny,
You can make training a game with him...actually that is the best way to spend time with your puppy...you don't actually train for more than 10 minutes at first because your pup'a attention span is not that great...one thing that we do, and our dogs LOVE it is to hide things and let them find them...for instance, in the x-pen, we hide treats under toys and blankets and the dogs get so excited to come in and find everything...and when we used to leave the dogs for a while, we would fill a paper bag with toys and treats (using the same toys that they always play with and add a filled kong and game balls where you put treats in a ball) and then just before we went out the door, we put the bag down...the dogs would dive in and have so much fun! We also had a place where they could dig and we hid things in the dirt.
Here is a site with games...you can do a quick google search for "games for dogs" and come up with a bunch! http://www.wagntrain.com/Games.htm
Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts