Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and I am sooo happy to have found it! What a great resource! I am at the beginning stage of researching what type of dog would be good for our family. I know we want a Doodle" but I haven't determined which type yet. Thanks to Nancy at Doodlesville I found a ton of information regarding the differences in all the varieties regarding shedding, but I can not easily find pictures that compare the breeds side by side so i can see the difference in looks of the varieties as well as see the different coat types. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Welcome to Doodleland

All I can tell you is that you have a very wide variety of Doodles
on this forum and we can easily show you the different looks and we all have tons of pictures that can show them at different stages in their lives so just keep looking through the posts. ask as many questions as you want as that is how we all learned..................

Best of luck........

Sue

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
yes, welcome!!

the SEARCH option is really helpful since there are literally 1000's of posts, and probably almost that many pictures.

Nancy has been breeding Labradoodles longer than any of the rest of us, but I would think that all of us have a variety of coats on our websites so I can't imagine it would hurt to look at the websites of the various breeders, and just like you are doing, ASK ASK ASK!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

One thing I can say from my experiences is that F1's almost always shed,not as bad as labs do though. Now before everyone jumps on me I said (ALMOST).

2nd thing is F1B's can shed also, not as bad as the F1's but some do shed. Their coats can be hard to handle with so much Poodle in there they can be wooly not all but some can.

I have had several litters of F2's (an F1 bred back to my F3) most of these had nice coats) still to young to know about shedding with them. But I really liked their coats and their conformation. A lot better than the F1B's I had although I did just breed my cream F1 to my red st poodle to hopefully get some reds to keep back for breeders. Just trying to be as honest as I can be.

Then there are the multi's none of mine shed at all and I have several over a year old. I love their fleece coats like silk, did I mention No shedding I love that. :wink:

If you have any questions let us know we will do our best to help you.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Welcome Burnsdoodle :D You can see comparisons right here on this forum. Just go to the home page and go to "Labradoodle Photos" and it is broken down by generation. Lot's of pictures posted there :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, I can't seem to find the photos. When you say "home page" is that the page to pick what forum you want to enter?
Thanks
BurnsDoodle

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK here is a F1 Labradoodle, with a hair coat . This is<Max who is black and he sheds minimally

Peanut is a F1 Goldendoodle with a fleece coat, who is cream and doesn't shed at all

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Kalli is chocolate but has the highlights a lot of chocolates get, Tatum and Murphy's coats are like silk but they are mutli's and it does make a difference. I never realized how much until being around them and the others all the time. :D

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Gracielou,

Kalli's coloring is beautiful...and I wonder if Coco will end up looking like she does. Coco's head and tail are still quite chocolate, with some silver and blonde and red.....her body and legs are getting very light brown, blonde and maybe a little silver, too..... she keeps changing.

When did Kalli's face and head get so light, or was it always?
8)

G

·
Kalli has gorgeous coloring!
Bella is an F1, very poodley, thick coat, does not shed.
Post grooming:

Needs a haircut:

Long:

As a a puppy:

G

·
Maureen, you should see her brother, TOTAL LAB! It was so funny to see them next to each other. We used the same trainer and accidentally found out they were siblings before class one day. They came from a litter of rescued labradoodle puppies.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Linda,

Was Bella clippered at the groomers?

If so, do you know what #blade they used?

Jane

G

·
She was just groomed on Monday. Here is a photo from that visit. I don't know what blade he used, but I brought the directions from the website with me and I asked for a 1 inch cut. I thought he did a fabulous job. She was very matted under her legs and she also had some chunks of hair removed where I had cut the mats out :oops: . I am thrilled she looks so good, and now I can keep up with it!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Oh! she really looks great!!!

The one inch cut is all I need....

Are you at all worried about winter and shorter coat?

You get much colder than we do, so Coco a little shorter wouldn't hurt,
I wouldn't think.

It is amazing she is an F1!!! What a doll! I just love labradoodles
of all sorts!!
8)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts