Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Congrats! So tiny and cute! you will have your hands full

To post pictures, I use imageshack at

http://imageshack.us/

to post pictures directly to the forum. Resize your image to 640x480 (for message boards), download it to imageshack, then copy and paste the hotlink to forums. It works! And it's easy

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jannie (for the photo advice too!) and Stacy (if my pups are as cute as coal, I'll have no trouble! He's a doll baby!)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Lisa, I think that they are sweeties too! :D

Kelly, the whelping was surprisingly easy! (Not so for little Bayley, I am sure, but for me it was.) I worried about Bayley (thinking she had six puppies in there) because she has always been on the lean side...I thought she might have trouble because she is small...not a small dog, but small for her size (does that make sense?)
Anyway, I didn't even think she was in labor...my husband came in and said (in the same panic he gets when she is sneezing) "Bayley had a contraction!"
Sure. I thought.
I mozie on in to check it out, and she is really bearing down! We got her to the whelping room, in the whelping box and she did such a great job! She has wonderful maternal instincts. (She is a really super dog.)
Well, because my vet said she would have 6 puppies (from the x-ray) I was surprised to see the 7th...after that, I let her go outside to potty (not alone of course) and she dropped a puppy in a puddle! (It had been raining...) Well, we grabbed it right up and rushed it in, got Bayley settled, wiped the little tyke off and let him nurse...he is the second to the largest puppy now! (I think I'll call him Noah.)
When she kept the pups coming, I was shocked! My husband went to work after the 7th...imagine his surprise when I called to say we had 10...good thing it was not April Fool's day!
Anyway, Now that I look at those babies on the outside, I look at Bayley and can't imagine where on earth she had them hidden...must have been clear up to her throat! :D
Sorry to go on, and on,...but you did ask! :lol: Thanks!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Bayley is a trooper and I love that first picture of Bayley kissing her baby (that's what it looks like anyways) :wink:

Did you know Maureen's Yankee had 10 puppies today?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Diane and Maureen...and, yes, I did know that the marvelous litter was born to Maureen's Yankee! I am so happy...we are going through this together...just like Linda and Diane...only many miles away!
I am going to check Yankee's pictures next...I am so jealous...she has CHOCOLATES!

And, yes, Diane, Bayley is kissing her babies...she licks their faces ... when a little face pops out of the basket, Bayley scoots over to kiss a nose or two...it is so darling.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Half and half! 5 boys 5 girls.
I can relate...imagine having to study for an exam with those very tired brain cells! Ugh! (That's why I am here and not with my books open!)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Oh My!!! a puppy in a puddle?! LOL you must have been shocked at those extras! 10 is definitely a big litter! Do you have buyers for all ten or are you still working on it since you were only expecting 6!

Glad to hear all went well! They are gorgeous!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow 10... congratulations :mrgreen:
You are really gonna have your hands full with that many pups!
I just had my bitch scanned and the vet said he could only see four pups, so I don't think I'll be quite as busy as you!
Good luck and enjoy those lovely babies x

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Kelly, thanks! No, they are not all sold yet... :wink: But they are certainly cuties! (The puddle puppy terrified me!)

Sarah, I read your announcement about the ultrasound...congratulations! It is such a fun time...and our ultrasound didn't show a count, and the x-ray only showed 6...so you never know! Some could be hiding in there!

·
Registered
279 Posts
sigh. Jac, I've been traveling for several days (My 19 year old daughter had emergency heart surgery in Texas - She's great, now.) and I've returned to George and Gracie (and Mark, of course). It was such a blessing for me to come home to my sweet doods..(long story, but I got home after midnight and EVERYONE was asleep. Surprised my great watchdogs!)...and then to get a better look at your puppy pics. I know they are a mighty handful, but they are so beautiful and tiny. Somedays I miss my babies so much I tell Mark I might have to become a breeder. Sigh, again. Blessings on you and your brood for sharing your photos.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts