Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new camera for Christmas (YIPPEEE!!!!) so I went out and shot some "action" shots of Noodle this a.m. She had her own little photoshoot while I got to experiment with the camera. I'm still experimenting with focus as you can see ... :)

Anyway, she had a blast! She's a model in the making. :)

I have to sit and be a good dog before Mom will throw the Kong.

And we're off!

GOT IT!

Aren't there other doggies to play with me?

That's ok ... I'll play by myself. Look at me run!

What a fun morning! I love photoshoots!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a Cannon Rebel XTi. It's an awesome camera and I love it ... however ... it's way fancier than what I'm used to so I'm slightly intimidated by it. It will take awhile to get up to speed on all the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Great Pictures for us! :D :D :D

New Camera for you! :D :D :D

An Extra Fun Time for Noodle! :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Wonderful photo shoot of Noodle!!! Your camera takes awesome shots! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Wow Awesome shots!!! i lov them all can't pic a favorite and i love
Noodle's jacket too , great color :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great pix. The XTi is a great camera. I have an older version (300D). I was going to upgrade but I bought a macro lens instead. The 40D just came out and I may upgrade to that once the price drops.

Enjoy your new toy and post lots of photos. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I'm very excited about the XTi. It's great so far. My parents are professional photographers and have been pushing me towards a more advanced camera for ages. I was using a simple point and shoot Film (GASP!) camera before. The good thing is that they own cannons too so they can at least give me some direction. In fact, I called them after I did this little "shoot" and they filled me in on AI Servo which will (hopefully) make a big difference with focus while in continuous shooting mode.

I'm jealous about the Macro lens! I'd like get a couple different lenses in the next month or so. I need a Macro as well as a wide angle.

·
Registered
659 Posts
winderdoodle said:
I got a Cannon Rebel XTi. It's an awesome camera and I love it ... however ... it's way fancier than what I'm used to so I'm slightly intimidated by it. It will take awhile to get up to speed on all the bells and whistles.
I have the same exact camera. If you ever need help with the camera, lenses or anything relating to digital photos, just PM me.

But... I'm not seeing your photos for some reason.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi, Chas: Thanks for the offer! I might just take you up on that at some point. Right now I'm just figuring things out. I played around with AI Servo on the action shots and that made a HUGE difference in the focus (thank goodness!).

I think the pics aren't showing because I made some adjustments to my Photobucket albums. I moved some stuff and I think that broke the links. So instead of going back through, I'll add a few pics below that are kinda fun.

Ok, done now. :)

Hey, I'm open for suggestions too. If you notice something that could be better ... pass it along. I love suggestions!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
great action shots!

·
Registered
659 Posts
winderdoodle said:
Hi, Chas: Thanks for the offer! I might just take you up on that at some point. Right now I'm just figuring things out. I played around with AI Servo on the action shots and that made a HUGE difference in the focus (thank goodness!).
Yeah, that AI Servo autofocus setting really helps to keep the focus on a running and playing pup! I don't what lens you're starting with, but a good "image stabilizing" zoom lens is a good long term investment for anyone who likes to photograph pets, kids and other forms of "wildlife"! :wink:

Don't waste your money on a cheap lens.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts