Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
AWWW!!!!! oh my gosh!!! Charlie is ADORABLE!!! how was he when you gave him a bath? does he seem to like the water?

oh,and dora is VERY beautiful tooooo

~Ana~

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YES, He l0veees water, from the hose anyways, we are getting his pool this week so we'll see how that goes!? I know you are sooooo excited to get your doodle, I was sooooooooo anxious to get charlie, we rescued him from the shelter Last friday but i swear it feels like he has been with us forever! I didnt really know alot about the breed until the night before we got him when i saw him and fell and love and thennnn went home and researched his breed! Im so in love with my doodle! Actually im starting to think he thinks his name is doodle because im always calling him doodle or charlie doodle!

I cant wait to see pictures of your baby! :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OH HOW FUNNNNNY! When I was scrolling dog and i saw the first picture you posted I said to myself, "I didnt take a picture like that of Charlie"
You are right, they look alike! Sammy is BEAUTIFUL! I hope Charlie will turn out something like that!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I hontestly dont know, I have been trying to dig up some info on him but no luck. We got him from the Humane Soceity. The lady who bred him dropped him and his sister off because they were the last two puppies. IRRESPONSIBLE!!

I didnt know a whole lot about Labradoodles until I saw him in the HS night before we got him and then I went home and found this forum and did alot of research on the breed. But he just so cute and so sweet that I could not leave him in there!
:D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wow Charlie is a lucky guy!

I am pretty sure he is an F1 and the fact that the breeder would just drop him off at the humane society makes me think that they were probably a backyard breeder without much experience. Many people think you can just breed any lab to any poodle... so because you have no idea if genetic testing was done with the parents be extra careful with Charlies hips.

I would have him x-rayed at the age of 2 (done growing then) to see how they look just so if there is any mild dysplasia you can catch it early. Since both labs and poodles are prone to HD the genetic testing is just SO important and unfortunately there are still people out there who dont do it, especially puppy mills and backyard breeders. So just keep an eye on him!

He is so lucky that you found him and brought him into your loving home! He looks like a joy and a wonderful addition to your family!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Im sure she was just trying to get the money for them :roll: !
He will deffinately get his hips Xrayed! We had a German Shephard that we had to put to sleep at 10 months old because of severe HD. It was horrible!! But on the other hand I am very please with Charlie! He is a great puppy!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know, It makes me so MAD! We would never think of doing that to ANY dog! If i really had to get rid of one and there was NO CHOICE.. I would probably give it to a good friend or family member that i know would love it and where i could come check on it! I just love them to much!
Matter of fact, when we came back to get charlie someone had brought in 3 BEAUTIFUL Australian Shepherd puppies, maybe the prettiest i have seen (blue eyes and all)! It is really a shame, i almost got one of them but i just couldnt resist Charlie! Atleast i know they are pretty enough to find forever homes!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts