Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday we took a day off from being grad students and spent the afternoon at hudson mills park near the huron river in Michigan. it was a gorgeous day! we broke the rules and allowed kumo to hang around off leash while we were eating, and he was fantastic -- under voice control the whole time. rick even did some off-leash heel training, and he and kumo played frisbee.

then we went on a walk near the river -- kumo likes he water, but we weren't sure how he would react to his first swimming opportunity of the season. see for yourself:

it looks like we might have a dock-diving dog this summer!

the whole set of photos from yesterday is here: http://bierdoctor.com/photos/2007-06-09_picnic/

-emilee

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, my gosh!! What a wonderful set of pictures! I laughed right out loud thinking about you "wondering" how he would take to swimming! Well...the took to it, that's for sure!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Same here - I cracked up at how he'd "react" to water....priceless!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Those are GREAT action shots!!!!! Kumo looks likehe is having the time of his life!!!! :D

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Wonderful photos Emilee!!! Kumo looks like he is having the time of his life! And he's jumping so high!!!! These dogs bring so much pleasure!
Thanks for sharing!! :D :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everybody! kumo was swimming last summer, but he never took any flying leaps like he did yesterday. it was soooo much fun to watch!

my fiance and i are both in an interdisciplinary phd program at the university of michigan. i'm studying information science and human-computer interaction, and he's studying economics and computer science.

-emilee

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Oh what fun! Love the pictures :) Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Geeze, you and your DF must be verrrrrrry smart!
I commend you on your studies...and still finding time for the important things, like high-flying swimmer doodles!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts