Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is the hubby and my wife is ready to get Austin a sibling. This one gets to be mine so I really like the Phantom look was wondering if anyone knows of any breeders for them in WA or OR beings my wife would freak if she knew the puppy was on a plane all alone. Oh ya want a standard size to match Austin his a big boy 40lbs at 5months so thinking were gonna have to go with another boy? Thanks for any info

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi, good choice! :D
I just put a post on the breeder's forum to see if there are any breeders in your area with standard phantom puppies or if they might be expecting any. I'll let you know if I get a response.
You could also contact this organization: http://www.goldendoodle-labradoodle.org/ to see if they could "put the word out" for you.
You might also consider flying to pick up the puppy and flying back with him. There are also ground transportation agencies. I have not used them, but I believe that Linda and Diane have. So, if you don't find your doodle in your area, you have options other than shipping via air.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I remember, Linda...it was not the same ground shipping that Diane used, though, is it? I know that Diane was really happy with the ground shipping of her dogs.
Just to be clear...you are not saying anything about a particular breeder...just the shipper, right? (I ask because I sent a private message to these folks about a breeder selling phantoms...and I wouldn't want them to think that the breeder was bad...)
I do remember your shipment of the Poodle...it was a nightmare. If you don't mind, I'd like to know who that bad ground shipper was...would you send a PM to me with the name?
Thanks!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Any way, the only phantom breeders that I know of are the ones answering the post on the breeders forum, Westwood Kennels and Blazing Star Kennels...both would need to ship, but both are excellent breeders.
Phantom dogs are not common so I will be very surprised if you are able to find one in a specific local...but I'll certainly keep my eyes open for someone and let you know.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I would highly recommend flying in to get your puppy and flying the puppy back with you in the cabin. That is, by far, the best way to do it. It's always nice to get to meet the breeder and I know I always love getting to meet my buyers.

I had Mikko shipped to me by ground transport but he was 5 mos old at the time and he was all the way on the east coast. There were no planes that flew in close to the breeder that carried animals so I really had no choice. I would be reluctant to ship an 8 wk old puppy by ground though, it just takes too long and they are in close quarters with other puppies and I wouldn't like that.

Good luck in finding your phantom, I'll keep my eyes and ears open :)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Actually, Helene said that if the timing was right, she would fly out and deliver the puppy!
Thanks, Diane, for you input. It really is good to hear from you and Linda about your experiences.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hey Christinadoodle, I just sent a private message to you...I know of a very good breeder in Washington state who breeds Phantom Goldendoodles...I sent you her contact information. The breeder is Sharon, with DaeShar's Designer Doodles
http://www.designerdoodles.com/

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Wow Jac, you are on the ball, way ta go :) Austin is going to have a sibling in no time :!: Be sure and keep us updated on the goings on :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hey, I just found out that Maureen (from this very web site!) is expecting Phantoms in spring of 07...and she will deliver!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hi, I'm Maureen....and we SHOULD have phantom F1b's, if all goes well, with Keenan, our new little stud-muffin and Fancy, our phantom and parti-factored Poodle, whenever Fancy gets in the mood, if you know what I mean! :wink:
I would expect her to be in season in Feb, giving us April puppies, and ready in late-May. now, that schedule could be imaginary, since the Girls are in charge of their own cycles!

Would you also like to go to our website and check out the PHANTOM poodles that we have, co-owned with Lee Ann, that are already old enough? And it's OUR PLEASURE to fly a puppy in the cabin, because I get to meet the people who will love on our puppies that way! Email me if you might like to know more about the poodle puppies who are 9wks old right now, or just keep in touch about our next batch.

By the way I wouldn't hesitate to get a puppy from Helene or Nikki either! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts