Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have written about this before and many of you have contacted legislators in CA...thank you so much!
There is a petition that will help too. This is the link:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/414897802
Even out of state/out of country people are signing...please, if you agree that this Bill is a bad one, take a few minutes to sign.
Thanks!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, that is so cool to look at the petition and see all of you there!! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
just signed it jac...and thanks for letting me know about this petition! :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
signed the petition

Well, I signed it for sure!!! I was in the Social Security Office today and the lady next to me was very concerned about this law as well and she is just an owner of 2 mixed dogs that are her pets. I hope more citizens get fed up with this as well. Sorry I haven't been on for awhile but my computer had a melt down!!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again everyone...I really appreciate you taking the time to support us in this.
Sue...nice to have you back!

I wrote another letter...copied it to the Governor and First Lady because if the bill passes, they still need to sign it.

But this is what really makes me angry...now, before I say this, I want you to know that in a perfect world, I am in favor of saving every single sweet animal alive (and I am working on a business to do my part) but...with this legilsation looming, I had to write and tell the Legislators that there is, at least, one shelter operating in CA, OPENLY stating that they IMPORT strays from other states because "in California, they find homes!"

Yet, California wants to allow that...and stop responsible breeders...man, it makes me angry!!!

So, thanks again to you all...for supporting this particular issue and for always being there for me. :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I honestly don't know, Deb...I keep an eye on the Bill on this link:
http://www.ab1634.com/
And, I actually get the most info from the AKC link:
http://www.akc.org/canine_legislation/C ... center.cfm
I don't think that this is a priority-type bill so won't get a lot of the Governor's attention...which is why I also wrote to the First Lady. :wink:
I, at least, feel that I am doing what I can. I seriously don't know of much more that I can do...
But I shall continue the fight!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I don't think that this is a priority-type bill so won't get a lot of the Governor's attention...which is why I also wrote to the First Lady.
Is there a point, under California law, if he ignores it long enough, where it automatically becomes law, or automatically is considered not valid?

I'm glad to see the AKC up in arms about it. I can't blame them, as similar laws crop up across our nation. It's too early to tell if something is truly breeding quality at four months of age. Too many of the wrong dogs might be neutered. (My sentiment about my boy who went of to the guide dog career.... too late now. I miss that little bug! And know he's going to do great things, so be it.)

Interesting, too, something I read in the past day or so about a dog's liver not being complete until four months of age, which might be a point against the pediatric spay/neuter in addition to AB 1634. Anasthesia is a big lump for a puppy whose system can't yet filter the toxins. I know you have some questions about this practice.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts