Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To anyone looking to RESCUE a labradoodle I have found some BEAUTIFUL ones at www.petfinder.com. just type in poodle and an expanded search from your zip code. You may have to search through several pages but they do exsist and there are more than you would think!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You Shannon! I wish I would have known that after hours of searching! Such cuties I wish I could have several doodles!
-Shannon

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow nancy thank heavens you found that out.

i am also surprised ny state isn't as good as others with labradoodle rescues. :( I had done some research and find every other kind of rescues in the buffalo,rochester, syracuse area.
Actually most people don't know about these doodles at all. Sometimes people say its a what? with the usual poodle attitutude. If they only knew what great dogs doodles are.

For many years i have fostered stray dogs , loving and training them to find them new homes :D

I debate if in the future i'll end up starting a labradoodle rescue here in rochester NY---that is, if i can continue to work from home. I wish more people would think twice before owning a dog regardless of breed. Dogs are like having a child brining love, patience and a committment.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
That would be a blessing

Rescue is serious business,, there is so much to be responsible for the care and well being, vet checks, costs of vets unless you are blessed like i was in NC to have a vet that did everything for my rescue dogs at cost

Where i lived in NC the dogs were brought in and all were uthinized on friday so no one when have to come in to take care of them,,it was alful
i had 30acres there but couldnt save them all
I had to feed them care for them daily
All this while raising 7chidren, (married a man with 5kids) and the whole family pitched in and gave the dogs love and attention

we found homes for the majority of them when i moved to VA and the rest went to my dear friend who still does some rescue although she is older then me

It takes a commitment and No greed, something i wonder about with this particular organization
Im just really scared for these dogs at this point
and My friends in the Doodle communtity

These people obviously have no class they have lied, they continue to use my Kennel name to promote these dogs , and are completly aware

Now they are taking money ,,and quite a bit at this point, It just isnt right In any way shape or form

·
Registered
853 Posts
I don't understand Nancy. Is that that danegang rescue from Idaho that Nurseleslie tried to contact regarding the doodles? Could there have been another Nancy who called her kennel Doodlesville too?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
This is Dane Gang

Read the thread i sent

there is a Nancy that is associated with this organization
In any case they are USING MY kennel name

·
Registered
853 Posts
I was just having a little trouble following the thread. Do you think it's possible they didn't know about you and your kennel and they just happened to call it Doodleville (without the s) and happen to have a contact person named Nancy, or do you think they are doing something dishonest? Just wondering.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was wondering the same thing Kim, I hope its somehow an accident. Annmarie I see you're from Rochester I am from Lake Placid, Ny waaay up north. I was actually considering going to Rochester Institute of Dog Grooming. Have you ever heard of it? The poodle attitude how true is that. I don't even say Labradoodle anymore I say Lab Standard poodle so I don't get the look like I have ten heads! I hope everything works out for the best with all the doodleville confusion!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Barkleys mom

you will love grooming,,i did it for over 25yrs

the way i started was i got a job bathing dogs with a Great Groomer in my area , started from ground up, and she taught me all she knew,,i also got some grooming books and practiced on my own dogs and friends dogs, happy to advise

Its hard work but i just loved it :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hi barkley'smom

yes the rochester institute of grooming is about 4-5 from my house :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
barkley's mom...i meant r.inst of groooming is 5mi from my house hahhaha
lake placid...i competed there before (years ago) in ice skating. great town

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha, I was wondering if you meant minutes or miles but I guess its pretty much the same anyway! thats really cool how close you are to the institute of dog grooming, I'm really not sure if I want to pursue grooming. I plan on relocating to Arizona-hoping its not too hot for Barkley! And opening a retail store maybe like a doggie goods store; not so sure yet! Lake Placid is beautiful but its getting a little chilly here! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts