Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 15 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Related to your post- we used the words "Outside Potty" and "Good Outside Potty" with Abbie. She picked them up super quick and at 18 months, she still knows them! We had some trouble with Abbie peeing in the crate too- be patient, seems like your doing a great job! Congrats on your new addition to your family!!! You're going to be addicted!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Can't wait to see pictures!

Susie and Abbie

· Registered
118 Posts
I feel your frustration!! The first day with Abbie, I think that we had 11 accidents!! :roll: Everytime that you put her out, say "outside potty" or "potty outside" in a high pitched voice then when she does her business, say"good outside potty!" and give her a treat. Abbie still goes to the treat closet when she comes in! Trust me, these babies are smart!- They catch on very quickly!!! :lol:

Susie and Abbie

· Registered
118 Posts
Kristin- I just realized that we are close- we are in Alexandria! Finally, a Doodle near us!! Yeah!! :lol:

Oh my goodness- I can not tell you about the first few nights with Abbie. We were exhausted!! We don't have kids yet, but I certainly will know what it's like having a new baby after having a puppy!! Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it!! I'm sure that the antibiotics could have something to do with it, but it is good that she is on the medicine. That first day that Abbie was home, I felt like ALL I was doing was cleaning up pee and poop! I would take her out of her crate, put her outside and she would go to the bathroom so I thought it was safe to have her out to play with. Well, that little stinker would pee or poop on the carpet 10 minutes later!! It was never ending!! Trust me, the "outside potty" words work! She was going to the door and scratching about a week or two into being at our house.

I looked at her pictures!! Too cute!! So are the kids!!! :lol:

Susie and Abbie

· Registered
118 Posts
Oh thank you! Abbie is a doll- the love of our lives!! It is amazing how they look so different from when they are puppies! I'm sure Maggie will get the same scruffy look like Abba Dabba has! She is such a mess! :lol:

1 - 6 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.