Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I RECIEVED AN EMAIL REGARDING THIS AND A BREEDER GOT BURNED WHEN THE CLIENT WHO HAD PAID VIA PAYPAL, STATED THAT THE PUP SENT WAS NOT THE ONE THEY HAD PAID FOR, SO THEY DID NOT RECEIVE PAYMENT.

"I have a comment on something I've learned the hard way. I used to accept PayPal for shipping puppies. I recently sold a pup, accepted a PayPal payment, they paid with their credit card, they said that the puppy they received was not the pup they bought, and refused payment on their credit card. The credit card company reviewed their documents, as well as mine and sided with their client. Paypal, will not tell you anything about their card company or any documents they may have sent. I no longer accept PayPal, as it is not worth the risk.
JUST AN FYI TO THOSE WHO ACCEPT PAYPAL AS PAYMENT...

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Sad that people can be so crooked ! I've seen on a lot of breeder sites where they accept Cash only or Certified Bank checks, as CBC's are harder to forge than money orders

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Wow...so, they are returning the pup, right?
(I know, they are probably keeping the pup...but I would sue them, if it were me...dang the cost!)
I don't take PayPal, I am too computer challenged. So I am in the clear. But I do buy using PayPal and I think it is a shame if they are participate in something like this...they should refund the money when the product is returned. That is only fair.
Cute Avatar, by the way!
(For the record, I have edited this...my, um, elderly brain made me think that this post was from Tink...sorrry folks! :oops: )

·
Registered
10 Posts
No Kidding if you think having a credit card machine is better think again it is worse I have one, they can still stop payment and it is with drawn without any notice, twice they can pull the money before you even have time to dispute what ever is the problem and even if you win they hold the money for six months, a check in a certain way is safer if you have a the customers banking branch close to you to cash it. The problem is that the credit card companies want to protect there clients and forget just because you own a cc machine doesn't mean that you can have funds held up for that long I have mouths to feed literally.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Wow I guess I lucked out... I got deposits via Pay Pal from a couple of my long distance buyers who picked pups out based on photos and info I gave them but couldn't come to pick them up for a few days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts