Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was flipping around and lost the thread...
I went to the PAWSitive ID site to look at the cheaper pricing you all were talking about, and am confused. The individual dog test for $49, is that to test a group of things or a particual item? All I really was looking for was the colors my dog carries. I don't see them individually listed like vet-gen.

·
Registered
129 Posts
PawsitiveID uses one test to check for a huge number of things, for just one price! I love it! So instead of having to buy individual test for each genetic disease, this one test covers it. It's a huge list and I'm pretty sure it's on their site all that is included, BUT, off hand, what I used it for was to see which colors my dogs carried, vWd (von Willebrands) and PRA. Hope this helps! I do have to say that the color part on this test can be confusing, but to me it's still worth the savings!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hi Julie I have a litter of my f1B's out of Clancy take a peek if you want they are nice and stocky I thought maybe one day we could trade pup for pup if your interested. He is available for stud also to approved breeders. I seen your pups thy look nice as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes Judy, my thoughts exactly! And PRA is around $200, so it just seems worth putting up with any insufficiencies the company has had!

Linda..I'm anxious to check out your pups! I'm getting ready to walk out the door but will look at them when I get back!! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I talked to Pawsitive ID on Friday....they charge $49 per kit and YES include not only DNA coat color but all other tests as well
Open up the pdf file and it shows you

now for breeders if you order 5 or more KITS then it's $45 per test
they said they realize they need to correct the website where you order as they get many calls regarding this

VetGen ....very expensive!
i am testing BEAU and also they said it takes 2 weeks but sometimes up to 3 weeks for results to get back to you.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How long is it taking for everyone else to get back results????
I called and got an answering machine when I asked if they even got my sample that I sent off on on January 14th. It will be 5 wks. this coming Monday & no one has returned my call either. I am trying to be paitient!!!! :(

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LuckyME send them and email and someone calls back within hours

test results take min of 3 weeks to arrive

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I've seen on other forums breeding stating that it takes much longer to get testing back than they say, I think with their amount of testing and prices they may have gotten behind. So I would be patient it may take like 8 weeks but still worth the price and wait.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Gracielou,
I just worry.....if they didn't get my test, I would have to re-do it and wait even longer.
They should do email conformation that they have received your sample, or even have it so that you can log-in and check that they have, or where they are with it....kind of like UPS tracking.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yahoo!!!! My test is back, took a little over 5 weeks. Marley was negative for ALL diseases, but I don't have a clue how to figure out color.
Has anyone recieved their results and understand the color part?Can anyone send a link to help figure out the results?
For example...there is 3 tests for brown, this is what it says...

TEST#F BROWN -- Does Not Carry
TEST#G BROWN +- Heterozygous
TEST#H BROWN -- Does Not Carry

(I am hoping this means he can produce brown)
How do I figure out the B & D locus genotypes- for example?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts