Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Parti coloring recessive. Do you need to have it on both sides of the parents to have Parti colored Pups?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
HI

Yes both parents must carry the parti genes,, one cannot get parti coloring on first cross pups only on f1b labradoodles up

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is incorrect, you CAN get parti in F1's. There is a user here, I think the dogs name is Boyd and he's an F1 parti. Very cute too.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Actually, I believe Boyd is from Nancy at Doodlesville so I'm sure he is an F1b.

·
Registered
20 Posts
so I have a question...

Boomer is an F1, and his dad was a red poodle with a mismark (a white spot on his chest). Boomer has a fair amount of white on his nose, chest, paws, and tail tip. He is obviously two-colored, but what would you call it if its not parti?

Bianca

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I really don't know anything about parti's but I do believe that they have to have white on 50% of their body. Maybe Maureen or Nancy will chime in with their parti expertise :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Boomer is a Mismarked,,

that coloring would be mismarked if he were a Poodle also not parti color
Boyd is coming for a visit around Thanksgiving I cant wait!!! and yes he was born here at Doodlesville :D[/b]
Parti colors are just awsome,they are so distictive,,,Its so sad that breeders killed them because some person said that was a undesirable trait~! its alful,,especially now when they are growing in popularity in fact my poodle breeder is now showing in UKC and doing well having numerous champions coming along,,
Hope everyone is doing well,,so sorry i have been so scarce,,i have been very sick the last month,,im beginning to feel a tad bit better
hugs to my friends,,,Nancy

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Sorry you've been sick Nancy, glad you are feeling better :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh, so Boomer's a mismarked labradoodle. Not that i really care what the proper term is cause he's still cute either way! lol. Thanks for clarifying that.

Bianca

1 - 20 of 27 Posts