Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
Awwww, that is sooooo cute! They look (and sound) like the sweetest little birds. Thanks for posting that link.

My daughter has an African Grey that can drive you nuts! He can imitate everything. When you hear the phone ring you literally cannot tell if it is the "real" phone or the bird - he sounds EXACTLY like the phone. Then he'll "answer" his phone - and he sounds EXACTLY like my daughter saying "hello". I can't tell you how many times I hear her answer the phone WHEN SHE ISN'T HOME! He'll also carry on little conversations between two family members, using their exact voices! That darn bird can drive you crazy! But it also never fails to make me laugh when I hear him - he is quite cute after all - yaking away all the time.

· Registered
8,335 Posts
Too cute Gene.................but I now have cats running all over
the place trying to find the bird intruders..................Denver was
sleeping, but is now trying to figure out what the heck the cats are doing???????
Too funny........

· Registered
8,335 Posts
MySweetDoodle said:
Awwww, that is sooooo cute! They look (and sound) like the sweetest little birds. Thanks for posting that link.

My daughter has an African Grey that can drive you nuts! He can imitate everything. When you hear the phone ring you literally cannot tell if it is the "real" phone or the bird - he sounds EXACTLY like the phone. Then he'll "answer" his phone - and he sounds EXACTLY like my daughter saying "hello". I can't tell you how many times I hear her answer the phone WHEN SHE ISN'T HOME! He'll also carry on little conversations between two family members, using their exact voices! That darn bird can drive you crazy! But it also never fails to make me laugh when I hear him - he is quite cute after all - yaking away all the time.
Please make us a video of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Parrots..........

· Registered
327 Posts
blueteal - I wish I could make a video of it - but unfortunately it is impossible - the Grey won't talk at all when anyone is watching him or even in the same room. The most he'll say is maybe one word if you "beg"! All of his talking and *sound effects* go on when he knows that no one is in the same room with him. But he's loud so you always hear every word he's saying if you're anywhere nearby. Too funny.

I should put a recorder near him and at least get an audio recording though. (Only he's so smart that he'd probably know that that was there too). He truly is a riot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts