Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am wondering : those of you that let your doodles sleep with you. What do you do when it's hot out and your doodle pants so hard the bed shakes, ratttles and rolls?

seriously. do you make them sleep on the floor? i don't mind the panting Max does but it drives Dave insane hahahhaa

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't mind it at all. I'd rather have a dog that pants than one that barks incessantly :D and seriously someone brought a dog back to a shelter for that???? how sad

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Til they settle down ( and the ac cools it down), at my house it's like those old 25 cent vibrating beds!! :shock: And it's just as uncomfortable now as it was then! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK Gene now we know why you don't stop at motels when driving hahahhaaa

we do NOT have A/C that works right now ...soooooo any other suggestions? i am hoping he might sleep on the floor next to the fan but he didn't last night. He was right behind me leaning into my back :roll:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Dexter now sleeps on the floor and not our bed partially because of how much he pants during the night. I think he's too warm in the bed.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
You might try a loud air cleaner, fan or some other "white noise" maker to drown out Max.

That Great Pyrenees we watched was a panter and we had 2 fans going on high to drown him out. (we have a couple of fans that sound like planes taking off!) He slept on my side on the bed ( on the floor) so I could still hear him, but Dave couldn't. But it didn't bother me, at least I knew where he was. Cinnamon sleeps on the floor too, and I heard her up a couple of times. I think she was bothered by his panting and snoring too! (The GP , not Dave)

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Earplugs :twisted: :twisted:

I had to use them with Hannah as she made so much noise shifting around in her crate :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GOOD NEWS i brought max's fluffy bed and put it on the floor and i gave him a choice: sleep on his bed or go in his crate. He slept on the bed last night till 6am and woke me up with a cold nose and sad eyes. I let him on the bed at 6am :D

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awh...haha...that's cute. If he's still making lots of noise, I second the fan idea - maybe get 2 of them :) or sleep w/the tv on. i feel bad for you w/no AC in this terrible heat!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahahahaAnnieG...earplugs :shock:

And i am used to hearing DAVE snore which can be louder than a dog panting hahhahaa somehow i sleep thru.

And i am hoping my brother comes to visit soon and fix the leak in my A/C.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts