Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you - I had thought about making it as a gift for someone, but changed my mind and decided I was in need of a gift :wink: , I really like the piece so decided to keep it

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
w0w Mary, you sure do have a god given talent for art. that egg is beautiful work and good for you, giving yourself a present for once :wink: :D

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cinsmom said:
Mary, is that a real egg shell or porcelain?

Beautiful paint job, by the way!
Thank you, it is painted on a ceramic egg that is glossy on inside and porcelain (roughish) on outside, 2 pieces so it can be used as a candy dish or candle holder - I'm thining of getting some small carnations and using it as a flower frog

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
River Rat said:
Mary, that's so pretty! Where do you get your ideas for designs and color combinations? I can only copy what I see; I can't come up with fresh concepts, so I really admire what you do!

Leslie
Thank you Leslie - the design is by Janice Miller, she has some gorgeous patterns - I take classes with her once a month - my creativity isnt great 99% of the time I use a pattern/picture, I do add/change things a lot though

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
River Rat said:
I do that, too. Right now I'm working on a painting from a photo of a very French-looking little girl jumping rope, from our first visit to Paris, but I'm using as a background the merry-go-round in the Tuileries gardens. Fun to mix and match.

Leslie
That sounds beautiful - would love to see a pic when you are done with it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts