Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No pictures with this story... Just proud to say that Ozzie has been left alone in the house by himself for periods ranging from 15 minutes to 5 hours with absolutely NO problem. The most destructive thing he's ever done while we were at home is chew some dried flowers (months ago) and he hasn't done ANYTHING "naughty" when left alone. He doesn't show any anxiety when we leave and doesn't go berserk when we come home.

He also is walking great on the leash, not pulling Carol's arm out of its socket. The breeder told us that Ozzie's mother was an extremely sweet, stable and reliable Lab and I think her genes are really starting to come through.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
that really is good news!! :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
That's great. How old is Ozzie now? :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
sessa35 said:
CONGRATS!!

The Ozman calmeth.

:D :D :D :D
:roll: :lol:
Abby's 1 week younger and is at about the same place :wink: It's nice being able to trust them :!:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Way to go Ozzie!!! Mom and Dad leave me alone too..I'm 18 months, but still do naughty things once in awhile, which I won't go into now..hahaha..keep up the good work!

Your pal,
Raleigh! :wink:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
gene said:
Just keep the liquor cabinet locked!! :lol:
hahahahhaa! Only you gene!! :D
Okay, I have to fess up to something. Since I work out of my house, Bogart has NEVER been left alone yet and we got him last November! :shock:
One of my friends is all over me about that. If we have plans, we take him to Doggy day care or leave him overnight there for long evenings out for us.

Good job Ozzie!! Bogie says you didn't train your parents right! HAHAHAHA!! He says he's got mom and dad figured out where he's never alone!! :p
Some day, I just have to DO IT!! :?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
lindamarie said:
gene said:
Just keep the liquor cabinet locked!! :lol:
hahahahhaa! Only you gene!! :D
Okay, I have to fess up to something. Since I work out of my house, Bogart has NEVER been left alone yet and we got him last November! :shock:
One of my friends is all over me about that. If we have plans, we take him to Doggy day care or leave him overnight there for long evenings out for us.

Good job Ozzie!! Bogie says you didn't train your parents right! HAHAHAHA!! He says he's got mom and dad figured out where he's never alone!! :p
Some day, I just have to DO IT!! :?
Lindamarie, you need to have an in house pet sitter. dr katz makes sure that Abby behaves when we are not here.
[/URL][/img]

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awwwh...what a cute photo!!

Linda - I would start trying to leave Bogie alone by himself for short periods of time...I'm sure at some point you will want to run errands w/o him and it's good for him to get used to being alone. We started with very short times (~15 minutes) and gradually increased it. Give him a good treat when you leave :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts