Labradoodle Forums banner

Our puppy is coming home tomorrow!

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  MaxandMe 
#1 ·
We are so excited. My husband is going to pick her up tomorrow, but they won't be back here until Tuesday.

What do I need for her for when she get's here? I havn't bought much for her because I wanted to make sure it was a done deal first.

Tell me everything that I will need for my doodle! Even silly stuff. I don't want to forget anything.

Thanks

#2 ·
Welcome Stepr and congratulations!!! Here's a list I was just given because I am soon to be getting doodle #2!

1-Leash and collar
2-Crate
3-Puppy food (quality brand...I use Blue Buffalo)
4-Vet appointment
5-Gate or playpen
6- Tons of toys to destroy in true doodle form
7-Lots of love
8- camera, because we all are picture crazy!!

I'm so happy for you....welcome to doodle mania!! :lol:

#3 ·
Tell me everything that I will need for my doodle! Even silly stuff. I don't want to forget anything.
1) lots of moneyLOL
2) food
3) toys and more toys, buy cheap cause they go through them like crazy.
4)bedding or like the rest of us you will need a bigger bed
5)dishes
6) leashes, collars, dog license
7)more money
8)harness or crate for tranportation for your vet trips
9)towels, old blankets, poly sporin for owies
10)a playmate cause you will want two.

#4 ·
Congratulations!!! Wishing you many happy doodle moments and lots of chuckles watching the baby grow and play.

PUPPY SCHOOL!!!!!! A well trained dog makes all the difference in how well it fits into your family!!!! See if there is an obedience club near you. They are cost effective and tend to have good instructors. I personally like them better than private trainers. The dog should learn to obey everyone in the family, though one person will be taking him through the initial class.

You'll want to consider some sort of brush or grooming tools. Depending on how thick/curly/wooly the coat is, you might want to consider a slicker brush. Your breeder should be able to advise you on what kind of grooming supplies you'll need.

Did we mention food and water bowls? The pup will need to have fresh water (replace daily) available at all times.

Paper towels!

"Nature's Miracle" for cleaning up accidents.

Toys, too! Deva likes her bully sticks.

#5 ·
nature's miracle (just in case)
Bully sticks
Doggy Harnass for car (sold at Petsmart)

#8 ·
Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of Doodles!

I remember the excitement and anticipation...so thrilling when a new baby comes home. It seems you already have some great advice as to what to buy, so I have little to add to it. Puppy treats (for training), and try to get lots of sleep now, because if you're getting a young pup-they don't sleep through the night, and during the day, its just like having a toddler without a diaper!!!!!!!!!!

I especially like the list Gene has shared with you...I wonder who put that together for him...someone????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fasten your seatbelt... and let the fun begin :lol:

Maddie and Lexi

#9 ·
Maddie said:
I especially like the list Gene has shared with you...I wonder who put that together for him...someone????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was going to plead the 5th....but it was...Maddie!!....thanks! :oops:

#10 ·
ohhhh Stephr....i am soooooooo happy for you. The pre-doodle excitement---it's great! like beinga new mommie again

i was just thinking....so many of us within a year or less are now 2 doodle parents.....wondering how long before singletons will get anohter one?

do do dum another bites the dust hahahahhahahaaa

#11 ·
Tim and I are retiring in 2 1/2 years (who's counting) and we are looking forward to getting Tanner a pal. Wish we didn't have to wait that long and I hope we are still young enough and have energy enough to raise a puppy. At least we will have all of your experiences to guide us.....and hopefully not scare us off. :wink:

#13 ·
ditto gracielou!!!
I need MORE doodle pic fixes!!!! hahhahahaa

#14 ·
Congratulations Stephr and welcome to the forum and to the world of Doodles :) I'm sure it won't be long at all until you are in the 12 step program with the rest of us Doodleholics :D :D

I guess by now you have your new addition. Please don't forget to share pictures with us as we are all eagerly waiting to see your cute little bundle of fir and to hear how the first night went. Tell us a little about him/her, what generation, how old, what color and what name have you decided on :?:

#15 ·
StephR....hello? is the puppy home with you now?
I want picsssssssssss :cry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.