Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an off leash dog park opening up with a big party next Sunday, so my cousin, her daughter, 4 dogs and I went to go check it out. It's really big, but not fenced. It was land donated by a retired farmer in the area. They basically have bush hogged a large horseshoe path that backs up to woods. We were having a nice stroll....

When the sky started to look like this.....

Then the wind blew, the sky opened up, the temperature dropped 20 degrees and we got drenched on our lovely 15 minute walk back to shelter, where we looked like this......

At the beginning of the walk, I have Jonah and Miko on the coupler with my cousin walking Rumor, and her daughter walking little cousin Chewie

When the rain came down, my cousins daughter had an athsma attack, so she rested with the umbrella, and I walked the 3 doods together to the pavillion. They actually did quite well for me.

I felt really bad for poor bald Miko and Rumor......when we got to my cousins van, we cranked up the heat and I wrapped Miko in a afghan. What a lovely day we had. As soon as we got 100 yards from the park, sun came out and all was beautiful again......but we were all soaked to the skin, so we headed home to dry off!!

The kids are sleeping very soundly now...... :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhh too bad the weather did not stay nice
Maybe next week when you go to the grand opening.
Anyway I know they enjoyed the outing......... :wink: :wink:
Great pictures of the kids.....................

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to try something different with Miko. She pulls so had and can Houdini herself out of the gentle leader in 34 1/2 seconds!! :wink:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was gearing them up before we left the house. Got Jonah in his car harness and gentle leader, Then put on Miko's harness and GL, then put on Rumor's GL. Looked over at Miko and she's wearing the head part, with the mouth piece dangling. Put it back on, pick up my camera bag, look over at Miko....mouth piece dangling. Put it back on, tighten it, walk to my cousin's van, get the doods in, look at Miko, mouth piece dangling. I said "screw it" and just used her harness. It was tight enough and adjusted properly. I had to take the head piece off to get it over her muzzle each time. I guess where there's a will, there's a way!!
When we got to the shelter after our "soaking", I look over and Miko taught Rumor to remove his also!! Guess it's time for the gentle harness for two!! Jonah is fine with his GL.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
gene i am sorry about your park . I do think Miko hair is cute.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
you had the same unexpected storm we did today

Miko looks great and hahhaha she's teaching RUMOR the ropes :wink:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Better North than South ... Beautiful day in Southern Ohio!

Gene ... I know you don't like to think about it, but a prong collar really does work! I call it Ebbe's bling and she doesn't leave home without it!
Miko especially may respond very nicely to it.

Also ... It will grow out ... It will grow out .... It will grow out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts