Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Both kids and the doodle are precious..what is his name?...You all should have a great time together :) :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new doodle

Our new labradoodle's name is Charlie and he is a cutie. He was just neutered on Thursday and came home with us Friday. He has been pretty active infact yesterday so active that we had to try to calm him down and now today he is very tired and just walking around and snoozing here and there. It is hot so I am wondering if it could be he was over exercised and now he is wiped out? He is eating and drinking Ok. Should I just let it go or call the vet? Any ideas or is this normal? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
If it is hot and he is eating and drinking then I think it is normal that he is not as active. We had a had time keeping Tanner calm and not jumping and running after his neutering, but it was winter then. When it is hot, he is very lazy until evening when it cools off.

It is probably a good thing that he is taking it easy..

Maybe some of the more experienced doodle owners can give your more suggestions.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Welcome to you and Charlie! What a handsome doodle, and a great looking son also. I love this picture and had to bring it over. Hope you don't mind..... :oops:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome! My son in the picture above is Timmy, he'll be 8 in January. Aidan, in the red shirt, is the little one at 3, and the other two are our 5 year old twins, Molly and Patrick.

I think the excitement of a new home over the last two days, and the affects of his neutering Thursday afternoon just caught up to Charlie all at once. Not only does he seem exhausted, but he seems to be a little slow getting up, just sort of real gingerly. Hopefully tomorrow he'll have a little more energy.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wfin73...........wow what a gorgeous family and great looking doodle!
you sure have your hands full and tons of love as well.

nice to meet you and welcome :D

and in really hot weather my 2 doodles calm down a bit and they don't eat much till later in the night when it cools down

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Welcome to Doodleland(love saying that can ya tell?)
Your family is gorgeous and what a lucky Doodle.
He has so many new people to love him.
How wonderful you guys are to rescue him!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are brave to adopt a dog with a house full of little on

That's kind of what everyone says just about having 4 kids, nevermind the dog. More people say we're nuts than brave, but it works for us. He is a great dog and we couldn't have asked for a better transition.

We'll keep the pictures coming!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Welcome. Welcome,Welcome! :D

One darling doodle. Four absolutely beautiful little ones. And two terrific parents who obviously have tons of love to take in a rescue. I'm guessing there is never a dull moment in that happy household!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
More people say we're nuts than brave, but it works for us. He is a great dog and we couldn't have asked for a better transition.
Well then you certainly fit in with all of us.
Bahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
someone say NUTS? hahhahahaaa

birds of a feather flock together is what i say :mrgreen:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts