Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an 18 month old female doodle-she is the love of our life-but she has started something new.
She won't go up or down our stairs-she comes in from outside-has 3 carpeted steps which just now she started going up and down again (when she wants-she used to go up automatically).
She still won't go up the stairs (carpeted) going to our bedroom. Approx 13 stairs-with a landing. She ALWAYS slept with us-but now won't come up--What's her problem?? any ideas?? thanks

muffy's human

·
Registered
377 Posts
Has she fallen down them? Do you detect any limp at any time? Watch her back legs to see if she has a slight hitch in her hips.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Wow. Sorry...but you might want to check with your vet. The reason is that our PennHip vet said that puppies should not be going up and down steps a lot, it can harm their joints.
If he is refusing, it is probably because of pain. Dogs don't usually show pain in outward ways (makes them vulnerable in the wild) so if there is something going on, you won't know until it is very bad...I'd take the refusal to do steps as a sign of possible pain and ask the vet to evaluate.
I hope I am wrong. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, Muffy doesn't limp or show signs of any pain when we checked out her legs and back. If we leave her alone long enough she stops crying and comes up the 3 back stairs into the kitchen but will NOT try the stairs to our bedroom (where she so fondly claimed the king sized bed as hers) HELP!
Muffy's mom :?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think Jacque is right. You had better have the vet take a look. Let us know what you decide. It is very odd for her to give up the bed :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts