Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, "Fess up your age" is such a fun thread lets see what everyone's earliest memories are. I'll start.

The earliest memories I have are of my very first boyfriend at the age of 5 years old. His name is Tommy Brawner (not sure of spelling) we lived on Crestview Ct in Jeffersonville, In. He had a little red wagon and he would come to my house with his wagon, lined with a soft blanket for me to sit on and he would pull me around in it. It was "true love" if there can be at 5 years old. I remember my sister playing "Preacher" and marrying us in front of the glider in the front yard, how funny is that?!!

My other fond memories of growing up are times spent with my Granny. I have one brother and one sister and I thought it was special when I would get to go to my Granny's house without my siblings. She was so funny, I remember we'd just laugh and laugh. Her name, believe it or not, was Archie James (they must have wanted a boy). That is where my Archie (5th generation Australian Multi-gen) got his name. I always knew when I had Grandkids, I wanted them to call me Granny, so now I am called Granny Di.

Let's hear it from everyone else :D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
My turn, I think my earliest memory would be when I was 4 years old. We were visiting my grandma must have been February. We were leaving, my mom was carrying me, it was snowy, she slipped and fell down the stairs. I ended up landing in the snow. We, my sister and I, (we are 11 months apart) spent the night at my grandmothers and watched the Wizard of OZ while dad took mom the hospital. She did not get hurt but it turned out she was pregnant again. She fell everytime she got pregnant. :shock:

Me, everytime I got pregnant (that sounds bad, only twice) I locked my keys in the car! Only problem was the 2nd time Jess was in the car, 11 months old, screaming and crying. It was November, I called the police they came and made some snide remarks and unlocked the door. Turned out that she had a temp of 102 and a double ear infection, I felt like the worst mom in the world!!!! :cry:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
First memory, around 3 I think, We lived next to a woman that had an antique shop on the second floor of her house. She also had a buff cocker spaniel named Brandy Alexander. I remember that if you stamped your foot beside him, he would tear around our huge back yard (it's gotten smaller over the years!), come back, wiggle his whole body until you'd stamp your foot again! He would do this with us for hours! Guess that's why my first dog...years later....was a buff cocker. Now I'm a doodleholic, whose doodle does the same thing....only on a larger scale! :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I think I was about 5 and my younger brother and I were sitting in the back seat of the car. We had a border collie puppy snuggled in between us, as we had just picked him up from the pound. Funny that I can not recall actually picking out this puppy but I vividly remember the ride home. This dog was incredible in his lifetime and started me down the right path for my love of animals.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
my earliest memory is of Harkers Island NC and how my grandaddy would wake me up around 3 or 4am and we'd sit, talk and wait for the sun to rise and then he'd put me on his shoulders jogging down to the creek which met the bay. AND my mom would get mad telling grandaddy NOT to wake me anymore and let me sleep hahhahaha

he'd say" yessm MRS SPARKS and he wake me up that very next day again!!!
I was about 4yrs old then.

MY other one is how we used to play store and my one cousin had a working register. All i ever wanted was JUST ONCE to be cashier!!!
NOPE never got the chance always had to be a paying customer!!
hell, my cousin would sratch any of us that attempted to go near let alone tough that cash register. hahhahhahaa a few years ago my cousins and I got together in NC and we all joked about it too ....we're all in our 40's now too!!!hahhahhaa that's it I am buying her brother a cash register for xmas and sending her the play money or grocery bags?? :wink:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Let's see...first boyfriend...a tall kid in kindergarten... We had our class picture taken on a large oval braided rug ... Well, this boyfriend was really something...until he peed his pants on the big oval rug.

First animal...I must have been only about 3 years old, we were moving to another town and I had been feeding a wild cat...HUGE cat...my Dad said he'd never seen a bigger cat...and believe me, my Dad was a farm boy, he had seen a LOT of cats...well, I cried and would't let them move without bringing my cat...my Dad finally caught him (the cat) and had to put him in the trunk because he was so wild, he was spitting and clawing and screaming. The minute we got to the new house, Dad opened the trunk and the cat ran right up his chest, over his head, down his back and took off...we never saw him again!

Oh, and, I remember feeding baby lambs with milk in a pop bottle that had a nipple on it.

And...visiting my aunt's farm ...chasing baby chicks, one chick stopped...I couldn't...you can imagine what happened next...well, I cried so hard until my aunt comforted me with a story about my cousin (a year older than I) who tried to hatch some eggs by sitting on them...killed the whole basketfull... :?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
here a chick ---where's the chick?

sorry jac but I laughed a tad hard about the baketfull of chickens hahahhaa too funny!

And the cat hahhaha i lov it!!! ran away hahhahhahaa if you could hear me right now I am laughing so hard
ohhhhhhhhhhh i have to stop and breathe now

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Jac, great stories, I can picture everyone! :lol:

The house I grew up in was on a corner, people thought it was a great place for dumping animals. We picked ups so many dumped animals that my mom had a deal with our vet, he would give her what ever medicines and care that was needed to make them healthy and she made him neck ties for payment. Lets see who got the better end of that deal??? We kept some and others were given away or taken to no kill shelters. Hence my love of animals...

·
Registered
853 Posts
One of the earliest memories I have with animals is from pre-school age, but, not sure how old I was. Keep in mind, I'm really the only animal lover in my family. I found a cat in the neighborhood and my mother let me bring it in the house and keep it. I guess I was holding onto it too hard and it scratched my face. My mother and father took me and the cat in the car the next evening and drove to another neighborhood and dropped the cat off! :shock: I was brokenhearted and spent the next couple of weeks searching for the cat in the bushes around my house. (I still can't believe my parents did that!)

Another early memory is being in the hospital in traction for a dislocated disc in my neck and I was three years old.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
not my first but a good dog memory and probably why I do what I do. My moms poodle was due anyday so my parents asked me (I think I was 9) to watch her while they went bowling (on a league ;)) anyway of course the poodle went into labor and I got to watch 2 or 3 pups being born while I was "in charge" including an apricot stillborn. even then I understood it was the way it was. the living pups were of course THE cutest and the one parti dog was adorable. of course back then partis were incredibly undesirable so we kept the poor reject! she was THE best dog!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts