Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll be moving within the next couple weeks into our new home. It's a 2 story cottage on the bluffs of the Illinois river. We will own from the top of the bluff to the river. I'll post pics when we get settled in. There may be a short interim when I won't be on, so not to worry, I'll be back. In the meantime, I found a nice little internet article about my new home town, and thought you might want to have a look. It's a gorgeous place, and we're very proud to live out here in bumble-frig :lol:

Here's a link if you want to see http://www.greatriverroad.com/Cities/Kampsville/kampsvilleCover.htm

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
How far will you be from St Louis? My husband is originally from Illinois (he went to U of IL) so I've been to the midwest (Chicago, Champagne/Urbana, St Louis) :)

Congrats on your new place :) Dexter will be happy to have extra space too (will you have a yard?).

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We're just catty-cornered across the river from St.L., by St. Charles. There is a small back and side yard which we're going to fence, and then you cross the highway and there's a huge front yard leading to the river. Of course there will be no highway crossing without mommy or daddy!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
OK--I'm jealous!! We are starting to look for a retirement place in addition to our (mostly) summer home at Eagle Lake, and hope to find something with some land. I hope you are into birds and photography--it sounds like your in the right place for it as am I. Here's a couple of my fav photos that I have taken at the lake. When you get setteled, pm me with your nature "discoveries!" I LOVE that sort of stuff!! :D
Diane and Dakota

Golden Eagle and her chick

Bald Eagle

G

·
Wow! Very beautiful country! I know you will be very happy there (and we want lots of pictures!)
And Diane, the bald eagle and golden eagle shots!!! Amazing!!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Congrats on your new home!!!
Diane, you would love BC as we are very fortunate to have
many places here that are home to beautiful Eagles.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
WOW!!! i was going thru the links ....i am sooooooooooooo happy for you!!! thanks for posting the and link. I wish you all the best in your new home....and can't wait to see pics of Dexter enjoying it too!!! :D

and great PICS too

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Diane, your pics are fabulous! I had an awesome camera but I sold it during leaner times. But I might be able to get some good shots with my HP digital. We will likely have bald eagles sitting in our front yard come winter. The ferry runs about 1/4 mile from us.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone, I am so excited to be moving into a house again!

AnnMarie, did you follow the link to the Joe Page expansion bridge? It's the largest expansion span bridge in the world, and I can see it right now from my window! (historic, but a pain in the butt to the locals :lol:)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Rita i can't find that bridge....there's so much to look at hahhahaa i lov it!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts