Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this forum and I think its wonderful. Our little one just turned 5 weeks friday. He is not able to join our family til he is 9 weeks old. Its getting alittle hard to wait. I love all the support and information everyone here shares. Our baby is an Australian Multi-gen Labradoodle. I look forward to getting to know everyone here and Im sure I will be having alot of questions to ask once he is home.....

·
Registered
853 Posts
He is TOO cute! I can understand your excitement. Do you get to visit him at all? Can't wait to hear more about him and I'm glad you found the site! Welcome!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
visiting

I was giving the option of visiting him in person. The breeder will allow people who have paid their deposit to visit. But she does like to keep the visiting to a minimal. Parvo can so easily be spread with something as simple as just walking through a area. I have choosen even though it has been real tempting to just wait out the 9 weeks. I rather more ensure my babies health than anything else. Plus even though its only a 3 hour drive I dont think I would want to leave without him. I get weekly updates and tons of pictures from the breeder. Plus when I do go and pick him up in October I will be getting the pedigree and get to take lots of pictures of the mom and dad. She has even sent me lots of pictures of the mom and dad when they were puppies.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Oh, yes, I didn't think about parvo and such. It would be hard to leave without him too. I picked out my little toy poodle when she was two weeks old and the wait seemed sooooo long. But, the day finally came and she's been with me now for 7 years. :D I found my doodle, Doc, when he was 12 weeks old, so there was no waiting! :)

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey Christina, waiting is a good plan! But if you are playing it safe, how about asking your breeder to keep your puppy away from visitors coming to see other puppies too, just to be extra safe? Or is that her practice already? Parvo is so awful that nobody should ever have to see it.

We'll be right here to help you with the wait! :wink:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Welcome Christina! Your puppy is simply perfect! (I, too, am partial to chocolate.)
I am very pleased to hear that your breeder is being careful with visits, I think that so many people get the wrong idea when breeders limit visiting...for some reason they think that the breeder is hiding something...but I have heard so many horror stories about Parvo that I am right there with your breeder on the "no visitation" rule.
Congratulations again, you are going to be sooooooooo happy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts