Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight I gave Manchego and Brie their very first raw bones ever. They had a feast and loved them but after Brie was done she came over to us with a big doggie smile on her face... then she walked in front of us and peed on the only carpet in the house!! :shock: We took her to the dog park 2-3 hrs ago so she SHOULD have been fine. :roll:

I guess she taught us a lesson eh? Smiling dog = has to pee real bad?! :lol:

Anyone else experienced this with a one year old dog?

·
Registered
53 Posts
The dog park will make my dog have to pee a lot more because she gets such a work-out there that she will drink like crazy.

She still has never peed in our house, but she did pee in someone else's house, of all things. She had been fetching outside like crazy at my brother & sister in law's house & she played with their two dogs a lot, and she drank a LOT too. I thought we had been keeping track of her, but at one point after we'd been inside a couple hours, she got up and ran to the back door and peed on the kitchen floor (luckily it was linoleum). I felt sorry for her because she must have been trying to hold it but didn't know what to do since the door wasn't open. Her bladder must have been very full.

So, maybe your dog drank a lot because of the dog park. Or, the bone made her extra thirsty and she drank more. I've found that certain dog foods make my dog extra thirsty.

The smiling was a cute touch. :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
how old is brie? when shaia had been solidly potty trained for several months, she was playing with her toys in the den and walked right in front of me and squatted and started to pee on her BED on the carpet in the den!! i scolded her and it hasn't happened since, but i've heard that around 5-6 months they'll have a potty training backslide and then it goes away. ours was only that one time but i've heard others on the dog training forum i'm on say the same thing.

·
Registered
247 Posts
oh, duh - i see that you say she's a year old. i guess my theory may not hold up!!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awwh...it may have been that she was so excited/tired from the park that she wasn't able to control it. That happened 2x to Dexter as an older puppy (10 months +). Both times he was just playing so hard I think he just couldn't control it.

After our doodle romp last weekend we gave both baths. Dex was so tired his legs were shaking during the bath. During Kirby's bath we could tell that Dex was about to have an accident in the bathroom (poor thing was shaking and crying and about to fall over from exhaustion) so we grabbed him and ran him outside...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Cacao does that. She works so hard and drinks alot and has to pee....ALOT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts