Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI! You all know me by now, but for the newbies...

I'm Kristin :) I have a 7 year old female human child (Annie) and an almost 6 month old male canine child who is named SANDY. He is an ALF2 labradoodle out of Double D's Phoebe and 4paws Tejas. We are completely in love with him and have been since day 1!

So newbies, if you are reading this... welcome to the forum! Gene will be serving the coffee today, so place your order, kick back, and post plenty of pictures!!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver's Mom here

Name is Sue, Married to Steve for some 35 years. Still get goosebumps
when he walks in the room.
1 Daughter named Melissa she is 34, I am 52(do the math)
No grandchildren yet but I sure do have a housefull.
Have nine cats and one Doodle named Denver, aka Colorado
aka Horseydoodle.
We are Canadians and live in British Columbia
Challenge ya all to tell your ages again for the newbies!!!!
Bahahhahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Me three!

I'm Lynn, 46 year old mom to a 7 year old, a two year old, and a 6month old. The 6 month old is much fuzzier than my other two, and happens to be an ALF2 doodle named Dex. He also happens to be SANDY'S littermate. How cool that we're both here on this forum.

I live in Northern NJ, grew up here, but did a 3 year stint in Berkeley CA and then came back. However my heart still is in San Francisco...(I can SEE whe the song was written...)

My husband and I have been together 10 years, married for 3 (another episode of "do the math".... :twisted: (See: rundown of kid's ages. We were never conventional types).

I love this forum, enjoy the advice and humor from the friends I've made. Good to be here, everyone!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
FORE! :wink:

HI ! Annmarie here: a 45yr old woman that swore off having another dog and could give you 1001 Reason WHY NOT to have A DOG and then ended up with 2 Doodles :shock: : Max(labradoodle) and Peanut(goldendoodle) who are half-siblings.
I am fostering another doodle,Kirby, for 2 weeks that someone on this forum is taking into their family next week. I have fostered dogs and cats almost my whole life.

My 3 teenagers are ages 15.5, 18 and 19.5 years old. AND one fiance,DAVE ,who sometimes mutters "what did i get myself into" but always ends up laughing (as if he has a choice :wink: ).

I am the sweetest, smartest,wittiest, most humble one on this forum ...if you don't believe me ask the forum members. :mrgreen:
MY Daily life is like comedy central due to my family, doodles and this forum :D :

welcome one and all and have a great day!!!
AND did you HUG a DOODLE today?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Hi everyone

Im Nancy, I am a breeder of doodles and have enjoyed this forum for a long time
Im hummphh hummm,, 50 (ouch that hurt)
I have 7 grown children 5his 2mine
We are in Wv VA border , we have 5beautiful acres here
We also raise and train Foundation Quarter horses
and I have a Paint gelding, (best horse in the barn thank you very much)
:lol:

I am starting another online business, which i will be announcing shortly,
We are downsizing here, so i have been busy grooming and placing rehomes rescues and retired dogs into new homes,

We will be limited on the number of Doodles bred in 08/09
We love doodles so we arent quitting altogether but i have been breeding doodles for almost 6yrs , training dogs for over 30yrs ,,i just need to have more time for my family, and enjoy more time with MY dogs,

Thats bout all ,,Thanks to all my friends I have soo enjoyed being here and getting to know you, I can always count on a chuckle or two,,
:)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I'm Mary - married to Don 27-1/2 yrs - makes me feel old when I say that

Have always had Labbie babies but wanted a non-shedder this time due to illnesses so we ended up with and F1B - Miss Annabelle - she is 15 months old - I'm still getting used to the Poodle personality, much different than my previous lab babies - she is a little more standoffish

Currently we have my nieces two babies here, a 5yr old lab - Macy and a rescue lab/bulldog mix about 1-1/2 yrs Emma, they keep me busy, they will be here another week then Annabelle will be alone again

Originally from upstate NY, transplanted to FLa for 15 years and now in Tennessee for 15 yrs - a state that never crossed my mind to live in :roll: not sure if we will stay when DH retires or not, he loves it, I could live without it :shock:

Thanks for welcoming Annabelle and I to the forums :) Here she is with her cousins

·
Registered
985 Posts
Chouette's person - to Chouette we refer to ourselves as master and mistress, as in "Chouette, go see Mast" or "Go see Mist." Dunno why.

Two kids, almost 35 and almost 33 (fall birthdays.) Son is older, newly married, has custody of his daughter from a previous relationship. Our daughter is the younger of our two and is a supervisor for the state child protection services.

Husband and I married almost forty years ago (again, fall wedding!) on an island in Washington State near where I was getting my MA. Re Ellabee's references to San Francisco, we visited Haight-Ashbury in the late sixties before anyone back East had heard of the place, and saw Janis Joplin, as an unknown, perform with Big Brother in a tiny area club. Moved back to southern NJ once my degree was finished although we were sorely tempted to stay. We have a small farm on a small tidal river, and I have a studio across the driveway where I paint. Mostly portraits on commission but recently landscapes and figurative stuff, especially from a recent trip to France.

We started off with Irish Setters and raised a litter of nine puppies, which we brought back to NJ from WA in our Ford van. Too hard to part with them and too hard to be sure that their homes were good ones, at least back then, and we were inexperienced. So we've spayed all our females since. Have had several Danes but the lifespan is so short that I decided to try a different breed. Found my puppy through this forum. Fascinating to see the differences in personality and general makeup between doodles and Danes!

Leslie

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I'm Gene....male (right Annmarie?), 49, single (like it that way), share a house with Jonah, 16mo F1 and Miko, Almost a year old, F1B rescue. Born and raised Youngstown Ohio....lived in Naperville IL for 2 yrs, then 25yrs n Florida in Sarasota, then Tampa. Moved back too Ohio to take care of my mom who passed in January. She left me the house....so here I stay!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I'm Kristen. I've lived in Rhode Island all of my life until I met my boyfriend online 3 years ago. I consequently transfered out to Sonoma State University in California two years ago. I'm going to be a senior, I just turned 21. I have two more years until I graduate- I transfered and changed my major from History to Math.

I LOVE San Francisco.... I just wish it was easier to get to from North Bay! I do like California, but I miss back East, so I think we're going to be moving back there when I'm done with school and Anthony's ready to go into Nursing school.

I'm the soon-to-be proud owner of Napa. He's arrive sometime on August 20th! I can't wait to experience puppyhood, and requiring everyone's help with various issues!

·
Registered
141 Posts
HI!

Wanted to introduce all the family. Myself (Erin) and Hubby (Bill) have been married for 10 1/2 years. We have 4 children Timothy 7, Patrick 5, Molly 5, and Aidan 3. We recently added a new member of the family our 10 month old F1 Labradoodle. Needlesst to say our house has been a bit crazy. I am in education so I have summers off to spend with the kids and my hubby, Bill, is an Engineer. We live in MA and love the summer at the beach. We dread the return of school in about 2 weeks, but it is time to get back on a routine :cry: My children attend a small Catholic school and love it so I guess that is a good thing. I myself teach in an inner city Middle School and tell my children everyday how lucky they are to have the things they do in life :D I am nervous as to how CHarlie will adjuct to us returning to work andthe kids school, but he has a great personality and I am sure he will do just fine after the first couple of days. I will only be gone until 3 everyday and my hubby doesn't leave until 7:30 so Charlie should be OK. He will be ready for lots of running when we return for the day though :p

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hi all,

I'm Becky, married to Dave (my high school sweetheart) for 34yrs this October, we have 2 human children, a boy, (30) and a girl (28). They're both married and live in the Cincinnati area, so that's where my heart is. (No grand kids yet either) We're also parents of a 2 1/2 yr old named Cinnamon. She's kind of furry, but her hair color takes after Dave's side of the family -red & blond. :lol:

We're from the Indiana side of the Ohio line, but have lived in the Kansas City area for 6 LONG years.

We live pretty boring lives, but I repair/restore dolls for some extra cash. Dave works in the construction business. We've both had dogs pretty much all our lives and we also have fostered & trained dogs for a long time. Currently, we don't foster, but we have seemed to be the favorite sitter for when friends go out of town.

Just a note, after I posted, I notice my daughter's age came up funny. She's 28, not 2 cool, even though she is cool and very pretty, Who knew that an 8 and a ) would turn 8) !!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Me Next

I'm Linda my user name is linda & gracielou she is a very spoiled (yellow lab) for her credit though she is a certified therapy dog and has done agility she is 4.

I'm 51 :shock: (and you thought 50 was bad Nancy ) Tom and I have 2 grown girls 31 and a soon to be 27 year old. We have 2 son-in-laws and 7 yes I said 7 grandchildren ages from 11 to 1 year. They live within 5 minutes of us. So they are here a lot which helps with puppies.

We raise Labradoodles and have been breeding for almost 8 years, we live on 5 acres right outside of Wichita KS. I stay at home with the dogs, I quit coperate America in 2001 just got tired of all the stuff... Dogs don't talk back and love you unconditionally.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hi I'm Annie, 63. I was born in Elk Mountain, Wyo, my great grandparents homesteaded a ranch there.

My husband Tim, 62, is from Charleston, SC. We currently live in Salt Lake. He is an environmental scientist for the SLC Intnl Airport Auth....I am a grants manager for the Ireland Research Lab (natural products cancer research)at the U of U in my 20th year.

We have been married 12 years...a third marriage for each of us. I have 3 children, 46, 44, 39.. grandchildren 17, 14, 12, 11. My oldest daughter teaches 1st grade, son is an journeyman electrician, youngest daughter is a mom.

We are closing in on retirement with our focus being on moving to Walterboro, SC to be close to the ocean, Tim's brother, his beloved turtles, swamps, gators and shrimping.

I am mom to Humphrey my 20 lb, 11 year old orange and white cat and Tanner our 1 year old F2 labradoodle. I am looking forward to increasing our family by 1 (probably an F1 doodle) as soon as we move.

In terms of years, I may be the oldest on this forum but in terms of knowledge I am just a kid and appreciate you all so much

:) :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Autumn here. 27 years old, single and share my apartment with Chase (8 year old chocolate lab) and Chloe (15 weeks old F1B black - turning silver labradoodle). Chloe was given to me as a gift from my ex-boyfriend turned best friend. I currently live in Oxford, Mississippi but am hoping to soon be moving to Nashville, TN to be closer to my parents. Everyday is a new adventure with Chloe as she is always into something. Where Chase is extrememly shy and laid back, Chloe is the complete opposite. I think she would go home with a complete stranger :lol: ! I am completely addicted to this forum and love reading everyone's stories and advice.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Annie, you're not the oldest - I've got you beat by a year, or will in October. We love the coast, too, and couldn't live anywhere else - unless we moved to France, but that's not likely to happen. Living between an ocean and a bay, with lots of tidal rivers and funky little marinas dotted along the route to most places we like to go, is just wonderful. We're also concerned about environmental issues and spend time trying to protect our area.

What is "natural products cancer research"? Does that involve testing natural substances for anti-cancer properties? Sounds fascinating.

Leslie

·
Registered
985 Posts
turtleaut said:
Where Chase is extrememly shy and laid back, Chloe is the complete opposite. I think she would go home with a complete stranger :lol: !
Autumn, I thought that about Chouette, too, but then she started looking for me when I wasn't around and obviously focusing on me when other people were present. It's been fairly recent, but it's there. She still doesn't mind being left, and I hope she keeps that up when we leave her with sitters when we go away for two weeks. But she really does know she's mine, and I bet Chloe does too.

Leslie

G

·

Hi Everyone:

My name is Heather and I am soon to be 30 (soon as in this sun) and I guess it is my thing to get pets for the "big birthdays". At 21 I got my cat Morgan (then a kitten that I swore was the spawn of the devil) and now at 30 I am getting my 16 week old North American Retriever and I am going to call her Maya(I get her on Friday). I am single and live in NC by the beach so I can't wait to take the puppy on the boat and to the beach and the dog park and so on and so on. I have to admit that I was a lurker since about Jan when I first starting looking for a house. Now that I have the house I guess I need the puppy to make it a home for me and the cat. I hope you can see the picture as I still don't know how to post or get the pictures to come up under my user name. There will be lots more pictures after this weekend!!! [/img]

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Welcome Heather...and Maya is a beauty!!! congrats!! and an American Northe Retriever...wow!

i am originally from nc ...harkers island nc near beaufort and morehead.
most of my cousins now live in Raleigh.
nice to meet you and would LOVE a pic of the demon cat MORGAN

1 - 20 of 120 Posts