Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks Maureen for coordinating this lil romp...

We met up with a bunch o doodles at the park yesteday and they played and played for a couple hours, and played some more!

Ill tell ya, Bandit was pile of dood last night as he was WIPED OUT! :lol:

We ran into a sister he had never met before, Shadow, and they got along great! I was amazed at how white she was compared to the other siblings we have met.

And speaking of siblings... These two brothers came from Fancy's last litter in December, their sister was there too, but hard to get a pic with all of them, and we definitely tried to get a pic with fancy as well, but kinda failed miserably at that attempt. :roll:

Proud Mama watchin her babies...

Bandit got along well with Pippen (of Sheeba & Bear, same match up of the newest litter born last week for Maureen) who is ~2 now... Pippen's brother Dudley showed up too, but again was hard to capture.

but we did get one decent one...

It was a beautiful sunny day, just VERY windy in the plains out there...

Some random images:

Thats it for now, and a lot of activity out there, makes it tough to shoot when they all move so fast. 8)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Good job in capturing the movement! Looks like you had a ball!
Thanks for sharing your pics...very nice!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks like everyone had a great time! Sorry we couldn't make it with Brutus - he was just neutered last week and we didn't want to chance him getting in a wrestling match and hurting himself.

It is interesting to see Shadow - she is quite light in color! Very pretty -

Looks like everyone was having fun! We need to do this again sometime : )

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hooked on Doodles said:
Looks like everyone had a great time! Sorry we couldn't make it with Brutus - he was just neutered last week and we didn't want to chance him getting in a wrestling match and hurting himself.

It is interesting to see Shadow - she is quite light in color! Very pretty -

Looks like everyone was having fun! We need to do this again sometime : )
SLACKER!!! :lol: 8)

I even brought the rock crawler out in preparation for our upcoming Moab trip... Although it would have probably scared you to never, EVER want to hit a trail with us... :lol:

Perhaps we could arrange for something Sunday early afternoon for the boys to hook up and play.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If the weather is decent that would be great - we can't bathe Brutus for at least 10 more days so we can't have him rolling around in the mud!

Brutus was feeling left out of the romp - so I thought I would add a picture of him.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
What a cutie! Looks like he is pleading (with his eyes) to go and join in...I can almost hear it..."I promise, I won't play too hard, I'll be careful...please, please, please can we go?"

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey you Colorado Doodle rompers, I have a question! I am trying to coordinate a romp here in Phoenix but I do not know of a location where us doodle owners can get our dogs together alone. Did y'all just go to the dog park and romp amongst the other dogs that might have been there that day? I know I have one woman interested in coming but she seems to think that I had some arrangement where I had reserved the dog park or something. Do you think this will work out ok? I feel very stressed about this. Also, did you guys do any activities or have food or did you just let the doggies play?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stacy said:
Hey you Colorado Doodle rompers, I have a question! I am trying to coordinate a romp here in Phoenix but I do not know of a location where us doodle owners can get our dogs together alone. Did y'all just go to the dog park and romp amongst the other dogs that might have been there that day?
Yep, thats what we did. Went to the local dog park nearby and just let em rip.

Stacy said:
I know I have one woman interested in coming but she seems to think that I had some arrangement where I had reserved the dog park or something. Do you think this will work out ok?
I dont see an issue here, why would it matter if you had the park to yourselves or not? Typically you can stay in one area. but dogs will be dogs and socialize with everyone there.

Stacy said:
I feel very stressed about this. Also, did you guys do any activities or have food or did you just let the doggies play?
Dont stress out, ya know with dogs/kids whatever, the more structure that you have the more stressful it is. Just let em play and hang out. They will have a ball and entertain themselves. I know Bandit was more interested in checking out the other dogs than he was anything else, and any type of organized activity would most likely have met in distraction and been a total choatic endeavour.

Im all about just let em romp around and play. I really think the orgainized activities are more for the people than the dogs... :roll:

No food either, we just went form 11-1. I figure that people can eat before, after or bring snacks! 8) But thats just me.

BTW, here's a good link for ya. http://www.ecoanimal.com/dogfun/arizona.html

·
Registered
689 Posts
These picture saved me from braining an annoying coworker!
:roll: They brought me a smile. Whew! I needed one.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks Keith. I know I shouldn't be stressed but what started out as a couple of owners and doods getting together has turned into about a 12-15 doodle event! I just hope that this initial romp can be a starting point and maybe they can get better and better each time. The woman that seemed to think I had reserved a park or something is concerned about parasites, etc I think. She said she will bring her dog to this event because doodle owners care for their dogs. Well, I hope she isn't planning on holding me responsible if her dog gets fleas or something! :shock: I know you are right. I need to just let it be about a bunch of cool dogs having a blast together and about meeting some (hopefully) cool other doodle owners. Thanks for the reassurance!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya know what they say...

"You can only please some people ALL the time, and all the people SOME of the time."

I also coordinate large events, 4 wheel drive, parties, gatherings etc... so far none with pups, but I can definitely transfer my experience with humans, etc and apply it here, because in reality the dogs simply do NOT care. Its the crazy (everyone is cray in their own right) people that give any issue.

For example, at the dog park, we go 2-3 times a week now the weather is nice (MOST of the time, although there are exceptions), because the fury boy loves it and has made some great playmates there, typically a couple great dane pups (9 & 15 mos).
Anyway, back to the issue here... well the water bowls are lined up along the fence and the dogs just come up and drink, not caring which bowl they drink from, and some of the people are psycho with this and go mental when their dog doesnt drink from the "proper" bowl. I just go around and pour more water in the bowls that are being drank from.

So like I say, the dogs just want to play and have fun, run, and wrestle with each other. Its the people that are mental. :lol: 8)

Kinda my feeling on this is, you can not make yourself responsible for anyone beyond yourself, Coal, and anyone else in your charge. :p
If the people dont like it, they dont have to come, nor return. Their loss, not yours. :twisted:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts