Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... again with the poop topic, sorry.

It seems to me that every time Manchego poops he has a bit of mucus/liquid that drips out after. Sometimes its just a few drops and when he has diarrhea it tends to be a bit more.

Is this worms? Should I take him to the vet? Has anyone else observed this with their dog?

I should mention his poops are pretty normal. He gets diarrhea about once a week but it never lasts longer than a day.

Thanks!
Sarah

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Lucas does the same thing, I took him in thinking it was some type of worm, but the vet said it is just the mucus that forms with diarrhea... :oops:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
When we orgininally had this with Bogie, it was parasites. Now he periodically does this and it's just a "thing" he does.

BUT.......also.............does your doodle poo in about 4 spots before he/she is done? Bogie starts and squats and does 1 big....down to 4 little ones......Not easy to pick up! :roll: :oops:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
BUT.......also.............does your doodle poo in about 4 spots before he/she is done? Bogie starts and squats and does 1 big....down to 4 little ones......Not easy to pick up!
dex normally takes 3 squats to get it all out - it bugs me too...

Dex's poop is not always the firmest in the world. The vet suggested we add some canned pumpkin to his daily diet...so I made these frozen yogurt/pumpkin treats (just mix 1:1 pumpkin:plain yogurt put in an ice cube tray and freeze)...it has really firmed him up. You want to make sure he does not have any parasites (through a fecal test) first though...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
lmtoth2 said:
BUT.......also.............does your doodle poo in about 4 spots before he/she is done? Bogie starts and squats and does 1 big....down to 4 little ones......Not easy to pick up!
dex normally takes 3 squats to get it all out - it bugs me too...

Dex's poop is not always the firmest in the world. The vet suggested we add some canned pumpkin to his daily diet...so I made these frozen yogurt/pumpkin treats (just mix 1:1 pumpkin:plain yogurt put in an ice cube tray and freeze)...it has really firmed him up. You want to make sure he does not have any parasites (through a fecal test) first though...
How often do you give these treats?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
How often do you give these treats?
I started giving them one per night. I figure the amount in the treat is maybe 1/2 TBSP of yogurt and 1/2 TBSP pumpkin in each...they absolutely love them. My vet suggested a spoonful of pumpkin so I figure this won't be overdoing it.

You could totally just spoon some pumpkin on the food as well, but I don't like to deal with mess or leftover pumpkin so I found it easier to make the frozen treats.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
1. if you give your dog too much dogfood in a meal it can cause mushy to diarrhea poops

2. we give a teaspoon of canned pumpkin OR 1/3 in slice sweet potato and sliced pineapple almost daily

keeps poop firm and solid :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks All,

I will take a poop sample into the vet. Hopefully all I will need is to give him pumpkin to keep him regular!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts