Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 children and we live on a half acre in NY. I adopted my first labradoodle in June. We LOVE her. Her name is Molly and she is so sweet! I was thinking.. If we are ever going to have 2 would it be best to get them both while theyre young? If you have 2, do you feel like your dogs now ignore you more and play together? Thanks everyone! Id love your opinions. :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Hi Amy and Molly and welcome to the forum. I got Jonah at 4 months from a breeder, and then 6 mo later got Miko as a rescue at 6mo old. I do find that while outside it is mostly doodle only time. They do keep their eyes on me, but it's usually play for two. Inside it's mostly who can get the most attention. Miko is NEVER far from me. Either under my computer table, or behind my chair, but always where she can see me.
On if it's better to do it young...I would say yes, because they're not as set in their ways, but mostly it depends on the dog. When you do get another doodle(you know you HAVE to :wink: ), just make sure you take Molly with you to see if they like each other.
If you can, post a pic of two of Molly....we on the forum are pictureholics!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I don't feel they ignore you to play with each other as long as your giving them attention daily and not ignoring them they will always love you. Now if you ingored them then yes, which is what some people do they get the 2nd dog to keep the 1st dog company because they are alwasy gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts