Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was SO much easier to decently study the pups once we got Mama distracted and contained elsewhere... My son helped me get these pictures, so I just HAD to share with all you puppy lovers.

This pup has the white chin and a few stray hairs on it's head and white between it's little black toes. Does this mean it will maybe turn silver? Or will it have spots? One male and one female have it.

Forced segregation to show the range of colors.

I just couldn't resist sharing this little pink chin with it's baby whiskers!

SO is that white or a really light cream?

My twist on Jacs adoreable avatar. ;)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhh yesssssssssssssssssssssss
puppppppppppyyyyyyyyy fix!!!!! thank you :D :D :D

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
They are all gorgeous - I love puppy pics

Annabelle had a little white on her chin, paws, tip of tail and a tiny spot also on chest, she started turning silver at about 10 weeks I think, hard to remember.

She has continued to turn color since from a range of silver to charcoal. She also has brown around her eyes, around her nose/mouth and tips of head. Her tail stayed black longer than rest of her and still has more black than any other part of her. Her face started changing first then her legs - posted a few pics so you can see progression of color

I read somewhere that poodles change color up to 18months old and since AB appears to be mostly poodle, I'm guessing she is gonna do that also

Annabelle 5 weeks

Annabelle 11 weeks - starting to change color

Annabelle 4 months - much more silver

Annabelle 15 months

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You Mary! Oh man did your beautiful girl ever change over time! I wish I could sneak a peek at the future to see what these 2 will decide to do. LOL

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Wow Tink
I just talked about maybe only ever having one dog
and you go and show these delicious little babies
and if I get a second I want as white a Doodle as I can
find. Your babies are gorgeous and I think it is a good thing that you are
far away. Bahahaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
The puppies are so perfect - I love the range of colors that you got - Are you planning on keeping a pup from each litter? Dante was as black as velvet without a single white hair - some of his siblings did have small patches of white between the pads. His breeder really thought he would stay black. It was at least 12 weeks before Dante started changing to silver and he is still several funky shades on different parts of his body at 9 months. His siblings that had some white hair turned much quicker and probably will end up lighter than him.

Some pictures at 3 days and then tonight at his Beyond the Basics "graduation" almost 9 months - They grow up so quick!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
YW Tink - I'd love to see your black pups as they mature'

Gene she still has the white on her chin, you can see it last pic, the white on her chest and tail has blended in with the silver

Dante is gorgeous, he has a lot of the same coloring and hair texture as Annabelle

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Beautiful ... Beautiful ... Beautiful.

(Okay Mary keep repeating .... no more puppies, no more puppies, no more puppies ...

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
ack I'm mush...just mush. All is right in the world, huh?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Awww, Tink, these pups are absolutely perfect! Thank you for showing the day old pictures. That is not an easy picture to get! Good for you!
Many lovely colors! I would say the white on the chin will be silver...I have one with exactly the same markings...it will be fun to watch them grow and compare them!
I love the grown up pictures of Annabelle! Amazing the color change...she is a REAL silver girl! Most of us have more blue coated dogs...silver is not all that common and it is stunning!
Dante is also a lovely color! Thanks, everyone, for sharing!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Jac said:
I love the grown up pictures of Annabelle! Amazing the color change...she is a REAL silver girl! Most of us have more blue coated dogs...silver is not all that common and it is stunning!
quote]

TY - I did not realize silver was not a common color, I thought the blues were the uncommon - nice to know :)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I keep returning to look at the transformation. Your pictures are amazing to me! I SO appreciate being able to study the changes over time and have a timeline to compare to.

I'm now tempted to keep one of the pups close by just to see this happen. If nothing else it would be a good study in color for me. I have someone who really wants the silver female that I could likely work out a future breeding option with... hmmmmm If you do a written contract, do those generally work out ok?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts