Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of you know I have really bad food and environmental allergies,so for 7 -1/2 years I have been staying away from more than 50 foods.

I got retested 2 weeks ago and some allergies got worse, some better. The ones that improved, I'm allowed to introduce slowy back into my diet to see if I tolerate them

I had a grilled cheese Sandwich yesterday and hershey bar today - first time in 7-1/2 years - what a treat - and so far no allergic reaction !
I still have to be careful as my immune system is so out of wack I could still have an allergic reaction to something I didnt test allergic too, but that choc bar was soo darn good, I might have another in a few weeks :wink:

Just had to share

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Great Mary!! Sending chocolate your way.......have a nibble on valentine's day! :wink:

·
Registered
100 Posts
How exciting! There was a time where we had to take ALL foods away from my kids because of crazy allergy reactions, so I totally understand how wonderful this is!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Calm Down Mary Next thing you know we'll have to put you on a diet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
that is great! I can't imagine not being able to eat chocolate!! Take it slow and hopefully you will be able to keep eating it :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Congrats ((((((((((((mary))))))))))))))))!!!
and woman has to have chocolate in her life :wink:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
7 1/2 years without CHOCOLATE?!! It's hard to imagine how you survived!

I'm glad you're able to add some foods back into your diet... especially the chocolate. :D

Deb

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Wow, that must have seemed like the most heavenly dinner! Congratulations and here's to continued improvement and many nice meals and snacks to come!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for the well wishes !

The thing I have missed the most was dairy - I won't be able to have a lot of it, Allergist said as bad as my allergies are if I start eating a lot of dairy I'll likely become allergic again, but hey a grilled cheese sand or yogurt occassionally will be heaven and throw in a hershey kiss or bar once a month, I'll be very happy

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Ditto annieG - I can't imagine so long without CHOCOLATE.

Congrats on being able to have your treats!! Hope more dietary windfalls come your way!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts