Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My router works fine - I have another pc in the house that has a wireless card in it and it connects to the net fine.

Now I just went out and bought a brand new laptop with Windows Vista Premium - I have NO idea how to fix this problem - The &$&% thing isn't finding my network. It connects fine if I connect it directly to the router, but wireless isn't working at all.

What can I try? It's just NOT seeing my network at all!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Kristin - I know that frustration there is some kind of networking thingy you have to do - you should be able to get tech service at your cable provider to walk you thru it that's what I had to do to get it to work off router I'm sorry, it was too long ago, I cannot remember what they had me do

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'd also like to know the answer to this question. My brother just got a new laptop with Vista on it, and had the same problem connecting to our home network.

So, I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. I did get his to connect, but just barely-- as in sometimes he had internet and other times he didn't but he was "connected" to our network.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
With Vista, sometimes you need to go to the website of the mfg of the router and download a patch. I don't know how to do it, but when I was a Best Buy in customer service, we were right next to the "Geek Squad", and I heard them tell a lot of customers that they needed a patch. May want to try a google search of the problem.
Good luck!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
seazr said:
gene wrote:
when I was a Best Buy

How much did you go for???

Tehehe!! :lol: :lol: Sounds like the ball's in Annmarie's court!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
thank you DiaNe..........POST OF THE DAY TOO!!!! hahahhaa
and GENE don't say you're PRICELESS hahahhaa

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Gene..I have to keep this family friendly you know hahhaaa :wink:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Debbildog-I recently got a new laptop with the new Vista Premium. It should come up and ask you a question about checking the system and finding the problem for you. My problem was that I have a wireless button on my laptop that was turned off. I felt kinda goofy, guess it won't work if it's not turned on!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
NOW that is the POST OF THE DAY

and back to our regularly scheduled topic that got highjacked slightly :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
My daughter says there is a slider button on your laptop
that you need to make sure is turned on?????

And Gene you are Priceless.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I have Vista, a wireless network connection, and I get the same problems at random times. I usually reboot my computer, and that seems to fix it. I don't know why it happens, but it's very frustrating.

And yes, as the others said, make sure the LAN switch is turned on on your computer. It's so tiny, and sometimes when I slide the latch to close my laptop, I swipe too far and it hits the LAN switch.

But I think it's a Vista thing... :evil:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts