Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cut her own hair... She did it once at three and learned her lesson... so I thought.

Fortunately I'm halfway decent at cutting hair (I cut my own, LOL) and was pretty much able to fix it... but I guess we won't be donating to Locks of Love this time :( I may still have to bring her to the salon to get it perfect, but at least she can go to school tomorrow!

And just so you get an idea of how much she cut... she took at least 6-8 inches in certain spots - fortunately the back wasn't thick cuts and I was able to get them to blend - the front was more difficult but I was able to feather the majority... it still looks a bit choppy but her hair is wavy/curly enough for it not to be too noticable. The shortest piece curls right under her chin.

Its really hard to continue being mad at her when the cut turned out so cute...

But I still miss her long hair! Not to mention its going to be a NIGHTMARE to get into a pony for gymnastics!

G

·
Ah she does look cute with shorter hair. It will be grown out before you know it. And by the way my sis would get an eleastic band from a spoting goods store like dicks to hold back any hair that didn't make it into the pony. I know in gymnastics you have to look more polished then you do in soccer so I am not sure if that will work. Just a thought

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Kristen....my daughter (now19yr old) did that to her hair years ago and OMG it wasn't repairable to say the least hahhahaaa

and you're right, ANNIE is toooooooooo cute to get mad at! :D :D nice job as it blends well.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea on the sports elastic... I'll go on my next morning off to see if I can find one - I have no idea what I'm going to do for tomorrow though...

My first thought was OMG her coach is going to kill me! She is on a competitive team this year and the coaches are really picky about it. Fortunately I won't allow her to actually compete this round (she's too young IMO) so its just going to be annoying more than anything.

I WILL look back on this and laugh...

...did she say why she decided to cut her hair?
Her best friend just got an adorable little bob and Annie wanted it cut like that.. but Taya's got normal thickness soft smooth hair (with just a touch of wave) - Annie's hair is so thick it HAS to be thinned every 3 months or less and if I tried to cut it into a bob it would be a frizzy mess. All she had to do was ask me to cut it and I would have done it - She can make her own choices about her hair (it IS hers after all) - its this sneaky crap that pisses me off! She shoved the cut hair into her desk drawer!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Kristin you may want to use the stuff that is like tafffy...i'll look up the name later on and pm it to you...it keeps the hair PUT
My daughter was a gymanist and also did competitive cheerleading for 3 years

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
debbildog said:
She shoved the cut hair into her desk drawer!
LOL did she think you wouldnt notice if you didnt see the part she cut off, Kids, gotta love 'em

I remember doing some things in my childhood that I'm sure made my parents crazy :roll:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I know it's traumatic at the moment, but you will look back at this and laugh one day. You did a great job evening it out. :D

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
My daughter did that when she was that age, too. The difference is she cut her bangs really short and the next day was picture day at school. AAGGHH!!! I'm not a hair dresser and don't pretend to be, but I did my best to even it out. Looking at the pictures back then I can remember that night, but now the pic doesn't look that bad. Time has a way of making it better. It can sure drive you crazy at the time!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OMG I'd have a heart attack - if Annie had done that she'd be doomed to bad hair for at least 2 years, given how thick hers is!

I guess the saying "It could have been worse" really holds true in my case!

although... at least her gymnastics coach wouldn't have much to complain about for a while!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Kristen,

Miss Annie is still a cutie -- short or long!
I must confess I had to LOL with the sneaky cut, then hiding it!
Too Funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the case of the pony tail for gymnastics.
Could you take small elastics (I know they come in pretty colors) and pull
sections of hair back beginning at the crown, fasten it with the elastic,
then add in sections progressing down the back of her head?
I do this for diving as it is the only way my mask will stay put and not
slide down the back of my head ... :roll:

Be glad she didn't include Sandy in the Extreme Makeover! :shock: :lol:

G

·
Kristen, Annie looks beautiful! Good job blending it all together! And I love the hair in the drawer story!

Andrea!
Your girls are beautiful! Luckily they have great bone structure and can pull off the pixie cuts! Too cute and they look very proud of themselves!
What did you do when you saw them? Now that would be a priceless photograph! :lol:

·
Registered
183 Posts
It could have been worse--she could have cut off a friend's hair--as my daughter did when she and her little friend were each only 3. I will never forget having to tell the little girl's mother, "MaryAnn, remember Jaime's baby curls?....well..."

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Ronnie...OMG and sorry but i could not stop laughing when i read your post hahhhaaaaaaaaaa

my 3 kids all helped each other cut hair years ago...sometimes their own and sometimes each others. the best was when I caught them JUST BEFORE they were going to give our kitten a hair cut :roll:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts