Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dexter chewed up the backseat of my car. To say my husband will NOT be happy is a gross understatement.

Nice knowing you all. :(

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I said the same thing outloud here at my computer

you may want to get a cover in the future and also a harnass

ASK the DEALERSHIP how much to repair that....maybe it won't cost much?

LYNN want to hide out here?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yikes, :shock: Dexter you're gonna get your mama in trouble.

Lynn, is there anyway you can cinch/sew it together with some sturdy thread? It will be uneven but may not look so bad then when dh first sees it.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
oh no...that is not good. Very very sorry!! I don't know what gets into them sometimes...they're fine and then all of a sudden something like this...

so does your husband normally drive your car? maybe there's a way to fix it and you can get it done before he notices :wink:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
LOL Dana - that was my thought !

Wow Dexter, someone is in big trouble -

Lynn did he do that when you were driving or was he waiting in car for you while you were in someplace?

At least your seat is the same color as duct tape (hint) :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
YOu can go to Target or Walmart get one of those full size velvet blankets, cut holes in it for seatbelts and put it over the seat for now
till you figure out how and when it will be fixed

if hubby asks, you just say you want to protect the seats etc
you are NOT lying either :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH YEAH, remember to tell DH when he finally discovers this "accident" that kids do ALOT MORE DAMAGE than a dog. hahhaaaaaaaaaaaa

it's true i have 3 kids!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
sessa35 said:
Annmarie and Gene are onto something---DISTRACT and ENTERTAIN!!
It works with the doodles too right?

Dex--what's up buddy?? Hungry or what!?!

Mary had a good one too---1001 uses for duct tape. :roll:

My vote would be quick solution---IRON ON vinyl patches....THEN, blanket or seat cover like Annmarie said and the follow through as suggested by Gene...
if and when dh sees it (probably later on down the road b/c the blanket was needed ANYWAY!) you can blame it on when Dex was much younger. :wink: :lol:

GOOD LUCK!! :D :D :D :D
Yup hide and entertain. "Coure the entertaing could arouse . . . suspicions?? (Sorry, I spend too much time talking to Annmarie!! :shock: :wink: ) Hey, how about this!! Buy him a new car as a belated Valentines present and trade in the old one before he sees it!! :D

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yikes! Dexter wins the gold medal this time. I'm afraid Charlie would be the proverbial dog house for a very long time if he chewed my car upholstery.

I'm hoping its not as bad as it looks as far as repairs go.

Deb

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
OUCH!!!!! So sorry!! :shock:
Dexter.......that is a definite NO-NO!!!
Crikey!! What will you do??? Lots of good suggestions here. I hope something works!!!
Let us know...........

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Dexter put on your cute face for Daddy. I would cover the seat and have that really nice dinner.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts