Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont worry he is ok!!

Background....I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but we bought a house and fenced the yard last summer. The fence works great for full grown 70lb Hershey. We then adopted Gus and his skinny puppy self could run right between the fence boards. So i put up deer wire on the inside of the fence temporarily until Gus gets big enough. Well he is now taller than Hershey @ 24" but he is still skinnier than her so the wire is still there.

I played with the doods in the yard today while I waited 30 minutes for the local pizza place to make supper. When it was time to pick it up i left the doods in the yard. They kinda go bonkers when i leave so i went through the house instead of out the yard gate. They have been unattended outside a lot with out much of a problem. The pizza place is on the block in front of us, in fact its so close i can see in from the yard. Well i guess so can Gus, and he knew i wasnt in the house, i was in the store!!. I came out, maybe i was gone 3 minutes, and I see Herhsey zooming around the yard (from the portch of the pizza place, i told you it was close), and she is running more energetically than I would expect since I dont see Gus. Usually when she runs like that he is right behind chasing her. Well i look straight ahead and Gus is running down the street looking for me. I call him and he comes immediately, good dog, and licks my hand and we walk the 1/2 block home.

I go into the yard to inspect how he could have gotten out. He trampled down the 4 ft of deer fence attached to the inside of the fence, in one corner, by about 1 ft, just enough to climb on and squeeze under the cross piece and between two fence boards. Sneaky little devil. each section has the deer fence held up by large staples at each fence post. I guess that wasnt enough. Now its held up at each fence board. There is no way its coming down now. I need to fatten him up so he cant fit through or pony up a few hunderd for some more fence boards and make it a semi-privacy style. Wait until mom hears, she is away this weekend. I'll be the one in the dog house.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
OMG thank god he didn't go out into the street! I'm so glad he's ok.

Now that he's ok...it's kinda cute he went looking for you and was such a good boy to come when called. It's funny getting a 2nd doodle...Kirby does things Dex would never think of doing (sounds like your situation is similar)...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i am glad GUS came right to you :D and i did get a giggle though at how smart these doodles are and how much they love to be with us.

doodles sure keep you on your toes :wink:

good luck on fattening Gus ....perhaps my Peanut could give him lessons?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts