Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we took the dogs to the National Whitewater Center here in Charlotte and found a nice little place by the river to see if the dogs wanted to take a swim. Our westie jumped right in and looked like a pro! We were shocked to say the least! Oliver took some coaxing, but after I tossed a carrot into the water, he dove in after it. I wouldn't say that he is a natural.....

Still not quite sure...

It took a carrot in the water, but off he went!

And he slept the whole way home!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
That just made me smile!! :D How adorable!!
Nothing like a pooped out, tired doodle.....so precious!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Great job Oliver! Cali only likes to wade in the kiddie swimming pool we have for her. And since she doesn't like carrots, I'd have to come up with something else to lure her in the water. Maybe her favorite toy......

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
GREAT pics and I love the last one :wink: :D
and also that Oliver was okay with going right on it for his carrot

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
That just looks like fun. And you can tell with that tired posh.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Cute pics - I've been wanting to the Whitewater Center - I have a sister in Charlotte - nice to know doodles are welcome there, because my sis has one too!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tykesmom said:
Cute pics - I've been wanting to the Whitewater Center - I have a sister in Charlotte - nice to know doodles are welcome there, because my sis has one too!
It was our first time there and it was great. $5 to Park, and a total of 11 miles of trail to hike. You can hike as little as 4 though and make it around the loop.

And it is very doodle friendly. We even ran into a golden doodle there!

Plus, it's just fun to sit by the rapids and watch the rafts and kayaks fly by!

ADAM

·
Registered
429 Posts
Awww, sweet pictures. I love the sleepy picture. Looks like Oliver had gfreat fun. (love the name by the way :wink: )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts