Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am a new member though been reading the posts for awhile and find them so interesting since I to have 2 lovable large Labradoodles who are so much fun to be with and love to watch them play together as they are inseparable. Abbie is a blondish F1 and Phoebe is more of a parti- F1b.

My question is, does anyone else sprinkle olive oil onto their dog's dry dog food? I have been doing it for a few weeks and they love it. I don't think they will gain any weight from it as it is only sprinkled but would love to hear some comments from the forum.

Thanks,

Carole from CT

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Carole, welcome!
You have stumbled onto a very good practice, I think.
I have heard of adding oils to dog food, usually it is a fish oil...but I am lazy...I actually give my dogs a big capsule of fish oil and they think it is a treat! They chew on it like gum! It is very funny.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Same here...just human grade caps.

Shannon, if I want my dogs to eat something like that, I can just leave it on the floor! LOL (If they think they SHOULDN'T eat it...they will!)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
found that out with jonah yesterday. i have to give him pepto if someone gives him a treat or he nibbles something in the yard. i had to physically place it in his mouth & push. i accidentally dropped it....and bang, not only gone, but chewed, and he licked the floor afterwards! oh course, this may have been a one time thing :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
silly question: if you dog food has omega 6 and 3 ( aka fish oil) in it would you still give additional fish oil?

I am feeding Max ..INNOVA puppy food.

thanks for any input

ps congrats jac on you doodle being picked for a service dog! wow!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cod liver oil suppliment

Hello All,

I now give each of my large Doodles one tsp of liguid cod liver oil, bought at CVS, per day. I measure out a teaspoonful and transfer it into a large serving spoon, one for each dog, and they lick it off eagerly. This way, beats putting it on their dry food as they both eat from the same dish.

Carole

1 - 15 of 15 Posts