Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..........American Idol: Do ya watch it????

·
Registered
8,619 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I do!

i love David Archuleta also - he is very talented and so cute! I want to adopt him! I also think he has a unique sound to his voice, maybe from the paralyzed vocal cord? i like it though, and i think he'd be a successful winner, unlike some of the past winners...

the rocker David Cook (I think) is good too, but won't win.

for the girls I think the irish girl Carly is not as good as they are pushing people to think, but she'll finish in the top four at least. I do like Brooke though her hair annoys me...i hope they fix it for her.

The boy with the dreads needs a haircut also, i can't get past them, they are too distracting! he is good though, and seems like a sweet kid.

Amanda Overmeyer with the Zebra hair is awful and needs to go this week. Also Danny reaaally bothers me with his attitude.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I don't watch it or many programs but i don't have too
My neighbor andmy daughter let me know all time what's going on hahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I watch the first week or so to see all the lousy singers. Now that is fun!! After that, Marley and Kathy are glued to it and I go look for something else more interesting, like watching the sink dry after doing the dishes!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Have not seen it since, just not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I'm with you Greg - I enjoy the BAD singers so much more! After the first couple of weeks, I lose interest! I have plenty of friends that are addicted however, and between that and "Dancing with the Stars" I don't see how they juggle their schedules!!! :lol:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I too watch or i should say i put the channel on
and then watch when I hear some good singing.......
I am a fan of David and I like the girl with the accent
Do not know all the names .....

Canadian Idol will be starting soon too, I think...........

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
The girls were better this week, but I think all and all, the guys are the ones to beat. Jason (dreads) did an amazing job this week!

What's up with Paula Abdul?? It's embarrassing watching her the past two nights......drink much?? :roll:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
OMG Paula has been a horror show! This isn't that unusual though - she has gotten worse every season. Simon has commented several times that she isn't putting together coherent sentences.

I enjoyed 80s week :) I wish one of the girls had sung Dancing Queen though...that's a great fun song :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
she has such a hard time articulating what she's trying to say...don't know if that is just her, or if she's on something. it does seem like she's on some kind of pill or drinking heavily (what's in her coke cup??)

i don't think any of the girls are that great this year. David cook is my new favorite, after the Lionel Ritchie song last night. i don't think anyone else has a chance on pop/rock/country radio (though there are better singers in the competition)

Look at Daughtry vs Taylor Hicks. How many songs does Taylor Hicks have in the top 100 right now? Daughtry?

I think they all need to be more "relevant" to today's music, like Simon keeps saying, but not many of them are listening!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I like Carly.. sorry all! I actually have the CD from her from 2001 thats been a "controversy". I liked it because it was written by one of my favs danielle brisebois who was Stephanie on all in the family. It was a good cd! I dont watch religiously but im rooting for her!!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I have to admit, I am addicted to AI, will not miss it for anything :!: I must say I was glad to see Danny, with the attitude, go tonight. I think the guys are out doing the girls this season.

I agree, I like Brook but her hair has to go. Hopefully they will do something with it, I have noticed that they have straightened it out a little or something this week. I was very glad to see the blonde go tonight (the one with the bad attitude that mimics Brittany) but I hated to see the little dark haired girl go that lost her Dad 2 days before auditions, I can't remember their names :oops: I would have rather seen the rocker, skunk haired girl go but I knew she wouldn't be voted off, not yet anyway.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I missed the vote off this evening, but my boss called to give me the run down. I was so happy Luke is gone. And Danny blew it with tainted love.....yikes! You're right about David Cook....he actually did something to make a song his own. I really like little David's voice and thought Jason (dreds) did a great job too. With the girls....the bluesy singer...unmarketable, and except for the aussie, they're all the same rehashed crap we get all the time. I still think it will be little David, as long as he stays as down right adorable as he has been.

Well.....I can't believe I'm this into it.....I need to get a life and some sleep now!!

Maybe we can have our own competition......

AMERICA'S TOP DOODLE!!

But, they'd all be winners wouldn't they?? :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I'm with you Gene, I think little David will be in the final 2 and I hope he will win it. He is so PURE and so, so, so, so TALENTED :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In my heart of hearts I think David is a shoe-in. How can he lose? But he's not my favorite.

Having said that, my absolutely favorite is Jason (dreadlock guy). He blipped my radar on his very first audition - I knew he'd be somewhere in this year's competition. He just gets better and better. My votes are with him all the way, he's been amazing to watch grow.

·
Registered
670 Posts
There are always so many suprises with these idols. Nude photos, strippers, drunk driving, recording deals, sexual preference. etc. I dont know. Im open minded... thats life. People have lives. I dont judge but maybe it makes good tv. :roll:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts