Labradoodle Forums banner

OK may have a problem

4468 Views 31 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Guest
I have one or 2 pups that seem to be gased up,
we are worming them today n for the next 2 days
all the poop is very loose, some watery,
i have been giving them a bit of pumpkin
is there anything else i should be doing or is there somthing i am doing wrong? i am bottle feeding not tube feeding goats milk esbilac
they are now at 60ml appx per feeding every 4hrs
am i over feeding?
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
G
Glad I could help, wish I could be there so you could rest. :)
Thank you soo much

you just cant imagine how much you HAVE helped!!!
Steve is gonna love this article i printed it out

think that was our whole problem i was over feeding them

this site explains soooo much!!!!

TY TY TY :D
G
And I did see a mention that you should be burping them????? Does the Mommy dog usually burp her puppies? Maybe because its bottle feeding? Maybe this would help the gassy one?

http://www.chelsea-collies.com/newborn.html

If you bottle-feed, you will need to burp the puppy by firmly rubbing their back and sides (up and down) or by gently but firmly patting the back or sides. However, that said, even puppies that are tube fed or ones that nurse naturally may sometimes need to be burped!
Nancy...hang in ther honey you're doing a great job!!!!
and burp the puppies like you did when your kids were little.
Trying

I cant get them to burp!! omg,if it isnt one thing its something else
OK Nancy try rubing upwards....keep doing it ...can take up to a half hour ok??? just hang in there....we're here for you
Hi Nancy, sorry I missed this post, how's it going this morning? The liver broth that Jac mentioned has worked wonders for fading puppies, I don't know if it would do anything for gassy pups. You take beef liver and boil it for 5 minutes and then throw away the liver. Take the broth and feed it to the puppy, I can't remember exactly how much, how often but if you want to try it, I know Gracie Lou has the whole recipe and the dosage. I hope things are looking up this morning :) Hugs to you and your puppies.
Thanks

No , they all have very very loose stools, due to the feedings i guess,
we are introducing ceral this am, mixed with pup food, hopefully they will firm up soon, i need to get this diarreha under control though,
Sunday UPDATE

wooooohooooo,,,YES Folks we have GOOD POOP,,,LOL
Thank you all for all your help!!!
pups are all doing good
started burping them, and feeding them
mixing rice baby cereal with goatmilk esbilac , and the puppy food softened,,they JUST LOVE IT,,a couple started drinking water,,wooohoooo
YEAAA i may actually survive :lol:

ty all so much for bein here for me,,for your kindness ,and support i dont know what i would have done
hugs!!!!
See less See more
OH Nancy you don't know how happy it makes me feel to see you more upbeat!!! i was worried about you and your pups. And we are all here for you anytime you need us...all ya gotta do is either tell or ask us!!!

hugs to you and your baby doodles!!! i am soooooooo glad all is going better for you now :D :D
Thanks Annemarie

i cant tell you how blessed i feel being able to call you friend, as well as eveyrone that is always here to help anyone at any time,god bless you all

they are firming up still having bouts of watery but at least its better
and we are going 5-6hrs between feedings ,only a few days left of this thank god :)
G
Yay! I am soo happy for you!!! Thes babies will be wonderful from all the love and care you showered them with!!!
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.