Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little aussiedoodle Sydney got spayed yesterday,,, She has that darn cone on her head, i so worry bout them drinking and eating with that thing on,,
anyway does anyone have any miracle that will keep her from chewing her stitches so she can get that offa her head quicker?

She found a awsome home, she will go to her new home next weekend, im going to miss her, i just decided not to raise toy F1b Aussiedoodles, cause the F1 Aussiedoodles have such a lovely angora type coat, and was concerned with what the F1B would produce,,too poodley im guessing,,
here is her picture she is getting more silver by the day
Im sure gonna miss her little joyful self

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
awww she is a cutie Nancy !

No ideas, I've only had one out of 4 that had to have the collar on. With Molly, I just took it off when she ate or wanted a drink and when she was laying right there with me, but if I was out of site she had it on.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mary, i just feel so bad for her,, she just wont leave it alone,
thinking bout putting somthing on it that she wont want to lick,,just dont know what,, poor little thing,,

she is 6mths old and only 12lbs, i am probably going to regret selling her, i already do,,she is such a happy girl, puts a smile on my face, :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well I am for sure not a vet, but I will tell you what I did and it amazed me how much it helped . I have 2 females, and both have been spayed in the past month. I do use homeopathic remedies with all my animals l and really wanted to avoid the cone, so i tried Staphysagria: This remedy is useful when pain persists at the site of a surgical incision, or after procedures that involve the stretching of a sphincter muscle. It is also indicated after surgeries involving reproductive organs. I used the 30 C dose and after 20 minutes it was like magic! no licking, no itching. No cone! This was with my Pyrenees girl, and when I had my doodle spayed a few weeks ago I tried the same thing and had the same result. We didn't need a cone either time. I gave it every 4 hours the first 2 days and then we didn't need it at all. Maybe I was just lucky, but if you go to a health food store, you can find it & it costs under $10 and cant hurt! good luck!
Linda

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Instead of the cone, you can dress her in an oversized t-shirt. Cut leg holes for the back legs and tie it above the tail. It's kinda like a onesie for babies. We did this for our foster dog when she was spayed a couple of weeks ago. We went this route instead of the cone so our other dog wouldn't mess with her stitches either.

Deb

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
GOOD TO KNOW THE HOMEOPATHIC REMEDY, LINDA!

THANKS FOR THE INFO !

8)

Has anyone used the inner-tube looking collars, instead of the cones?
I saw them not long ago and had never seen them before.
I would think it is a little better than the cones....if one was really
necessary.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Doodlesville said:
I bought one, put it somewhere safe,,HA
now i cant find it,, :lol:
Nancy....you sound like me! I always say to myself when I'm putting something away......"That's a great place for this....I'll remember that!"......NOT! :wink: :lol:

G

·
Maya ate her cone the first night so I got her the Bite not collar. It's the neck brace lookin thing. Maya didn't mind having that on.
I tried the inner tube lookin thing and Maya could still lick with it on.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
If you can watch her, I'd try the tee shirt idea. We used a tee shirt (one of my husband's) on Dex when he had surgery.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Watching her is the problem, I have too much to do to spend the entire days keeping up with her rite now, grrrr,, i cannot find that dang collar,,its driving me bonkers,,LOL

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Gene and Nancy,

I put things in a great spot.....but rather than think this is a perfect spot, surely I'll remember where this is.....I think, " good spot, but I know I won't remember this is where I put this thing..."

And I am right, I don't remember....Cleaning a closet with lots of little hiding places....I have found Christmas presents that I stuck away and forgot all about....too bad for that person, it was a great gift!!

Hope you find the collar....Sorry I can't help you look for it.
:lol: 8) :lol:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Like Tanner, we used a soft collar when Cali got nipped at the dog park and had to allow the wound to heal without licking it. It lasted about a week before she chewed it up :evil: But, she could eat and drink without any problem and be in the crate comfortably. Made her kind of snore though when she lay on her side. She wasn't the happiest of campers but I think she would have been more miserable with the cone. I got it at Petco. They have different sizes.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I can't but giggle when i see these poor doodles in collars/cones
and of course the pic of Leslie was the cutest by far.

Not much help here as our doodles didn't need the cone for spaying/neutering.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
We had good luck with bitter apple spray.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts