Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my offer,, guardian homes within driving distance of winchester virginia >>>>>I have Parti color F1b Labradoodles i would like to place in Guardian Homes, if anyone is interested please contact me at [email protected]
Fenced yard is required, Older children only prefer adult homes though with experienced dog people
These doodles i am not quite ready to commit to spaying quite yet, I am trying to downsize here considerably, I need to complete testing on them.
I have one male and 2 females (parti colors available)
Nancy
[email protected]

OR to those breeders I KNOW, i will sell them out rite, at pet price , once they pass testing then additional breeding price (we can discuss this)
if anyone interested please email me,,(dont IM ,,email me),,,thanks Nancy
[email protected]

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Ooooh, Nancy, if I had the room and the money, I'd grab up a parti factored pup (or two) in a heartbeat!
We are looking for land and if we find some early enough, I'll let you know! (But, I'm not holding my breath! LOL)
I have a parti factored (chocolate and white) moyen Poodle...and a parti factored F1B mini Labradoodle, so I am hopeful that one day I'll have some of those beauties...but that is my new favorite...parti factored and...I LOVE the tuxedo look too!
I'm sure you will have no trouble finding great homes for them....

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jac

For YOU i will work out the payment , dont let that detur you, i just want them where they will be happy safe and sound, I may have a blue and white moyen male poodle offered soon also, I am not going to be doing alot of Partis in the future, although i love them so very much, I have to slow down here a bit

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks, Nancy...that is such a nice compliment!
We are, very seriously, looking for ground...in fact, I am doing two things with my life right now, loving on puppies and looking for ground!
If we find something soon (we actually plan to find or build a huge barn where we can live with the dogs!) then I'll let you know.
I also know that you don't ship, so I'd even be willing to fly out and drive back! LOL (Gosh, I do love these dogs!)
But...property is hard to come by here...we are pushing hard, I am meeting with my real estate agent on Wednesday. I'd like to move before winter hits, but we are getting an early start on winter, I'm afraid...so unless we find something suitable with a home already on it, we will have to wait until spring to build...it gets very wet here!
I'll let you know...I truly would love a parti dog (party animal??? LOL)
I understand your need to downsize. We really don't want many more dogs, but you get to the point that all of the dogs are related and you need a new line to bring in...so it grows!
Best wishes to you in your plans and future...I'll contact you if I get any idea that we can move forward...
Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great

I hope you find something suitable ,,as far a shipping i can do that to you,,they may do just fine,, prefer a non stop flight so might just have to 1/2 way

Maureen , thanks ,, You know how i worked so hard to get partis, it was like christmas everytime one was born, I have been breeding doodles for 6yrs, I am now established , and i really need to consintrate on myself and my family, I will always breed doodles, Just not as many litters each year, I would love to help someone in their program to keep my lines out there, Would even consider helping a new breeder as long as they have knowledge and are willing to listen and learn, God will provide ,whatever is meant to be for my babies, thanks again ya all :O)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Nancy, you are so right...this will work out for you. You love those puppies and have worked so hard to get them...we all understand what that is like.
Since I have had the two litters in my living room and dining room and since the one was sick, I really had to rethink the growth of my business and that's when my husband finally agreed that we needed to find some land.
And. like you, we believe that since we are doing what is right for our family and our beloved dogs, it will work out.
Hang in there....we'll pull ...together!
Jac

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aww Jac ,,thanks so much for your support, Its been hard to come to this decision, but i just had to ,it was effecting my health , and i havent had the time to devote to the older dogs that they need,,it just isnt fair to them,,they deserve better,

my goal,,get down to what i can handle just me and steve ,(and the kennel person that lives here on site)
the feed bill here rite now is almost 900.00 per week,,not to mention pay for the people that work here, I want to get to the point i can handle it all on my own,,well me ,husband and 1 person
I havent been well lately and the stress and worry about the dogs has not made it easier,
I am feeding too many retired dogs, all of which are looking for homes, I am only doing 2 litters per year of F1 labradoodles, mostly goldendoodles and aussiedoodles from here on out, a few litters of f1b labradoodles likly
since they are the most consistant in coats, f3 or (f2b,depending on who you talk to,,lol) are also consistant,,which i love and has surprised me

I do hope it goes well today, and the lord just throws the perfect place in your lap, cheap, hugs talk soon i hope
again,,thank you for your support, sometimes i feel like im alone , I come here and feel like all understand and are in support of my efforts,,thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wish you all the best in what ever decision you make to downsize

its a tough decision and I have beenthere myself this summer I rehomed 5 adults that needed to bond with new familys, here i tought they would not be okay without me ! wrong wrong, they are having a great time and well loved- it taught me something, it taught me to let go, I was having hard time and teary eyed over letting one of my girls go, but her hips were fair and I was not going to breed her

Good luck okay and if I can help you I will

Marcia

www.baylakedoodles.org

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Marcia! Welcome to this forum!
What a nice thing to say to Nancy...she IS struggling and I think it is something that most of us (breeders) deal with. It is the toughest decision to make, but you are right, of course...they are very happy if we select good homes.
I don't know that I will ever get there...but I truly admire those of you who do make these tough decisions.
I am glad to see that you found this forum...it is a very nice one.
Again, welcome!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Oh Nancy,I can't imagine how hard that kind of decision was to come to after how hard you've obviously worked to build your business and lines. I hope that you're able to do things the way you want very soon.
I 'm just getting started, but know how hard it would be for me to back off once I'd done so well.

HUGS and best wishes to you on finding wonderful homes for your babies.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks so much

Im not really backing down, just going another route
and folks that want a doodlesville doodle ,dont mind waiting course i try to have it so they dont have to wait long,

I just know what i want for my dogs and the partis especially would love to have them open for breeding in a guardian home but just as willing to place them with a breeder as long as they are "my kind of folk" if ya know what i mean,,LOL

The last 6yrs in Doodles has been very rewarding, I will always breed doodles, my goals are just going in different directions , and im specializing in certain colors ,sizes etc, partis are not part of that as strong as they were before

Thanks so much Tink (sorryi dont know your real name) have a blond moment,,LOL

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Nancy, most of my friends (online and in 3-D life) call me Tink. I actually answer to that quicker than my given name. So no apology needed.

I'm so glad you're staying in Doodle breeding. I look at what you and Jac have accomplished and it inspires me to keep learning and growing. The 2 of you are great role models and I would hate to see either of you gone from breeding or the site. You both have so much to teach us newbies... we NEED you!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Well I'm glad your going to take life easier at least, we all deserve that at some point. I do know how you feel about letting the older ones go but they will be fine as long as you screen the families like you do for your puppies. I always say there is a good forever home out there you just can't get in a hurry.

I had a female that was 2 and never had a heat cycle until after she was 2, so I decided not to breed her. She was a little shy she was so use to Tom and I and all the dogs here, so I worried about placing her. I had a family email me about a puppy and they came out and picked one out. They went home and emailed their friends in CO so they looked at my site to see the pup. Well I had this female on the site as an adult to sell, I do that because for free everyone calls or emails and I do end up giving them away but after I screen them and know they will be a good home. Anyway they emailed and called me they are an older couple only owned Yorkies in the past. Mind you she is a 60 maybe 70 pound female, I told them about her and sent pictures and they decided to take her. Well their friends were going out to visit the next week so they came by and got her and took her to them. They email me every week with new pictures, she has every toy I do believe Pets Mart has on their shelf or use to have. She has her own spot on the couch and bed, she goes to work with her mom who does property management. So I guess the moral here is there are good homes even for our adults it just takes time.

Don't beat yourself up for caring about your dogs it's what you do, it's what we all do here. :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Nancy, i hope it all works out for you and you have a sight on new avenues

and

there are people out there that want older dogs. many times at my job the older customers want an older dog saying a puppy is too much for them. Sooooooo hang in there and though it takes time , the "right couple" usually comes along when you least expect it.

i wish you good luck and hope for the best

1 - 20 of 31 Posts