Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I was in bed and I hear my husband say "no you're not going with me and shuts the door firmly (he says he didn't slam it). Tucker gets in bed - that is his time in bed , when one person has gotten up----. I say What did you do to your dad?. I found out he took him out for his morning potty and he was ditracted by a toy he had left on the steps, well being in that ( as his kindergarden teacher says----Daaahhhhh stage). He was not interested in potty time. So he never goes and comes in to have breakfast and walks away from his bowl and just pees in the living room. Boy did he hang his head low when I got up and found the still damp spot my hubby cleaned up @ 4:30am , and it took him about 2 hours to act himself. Does this happen to any of you? He has not had accidents for about 2 months. The teacher says at about 7-8 months you sometimes have to start back to the bacis's on good behavior, it is the adolescence time in their life.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Aww, they all make little mistakes. Dexter is 9 mos and has a bladder of steel. But once in awhile, when he gives his signal to go out, for one reason or another I'm distracted and don't pick up on it. And once in awhile he doesn't give another signal, just holds it til it comes out, usually on my foot as he makes a desparate last attempt to tell me. I yell, he stops, and we hurry outside to finish.

Praise him up for all the times he makes it outside, and a gentle scold for when he doesn't. And Bissell Oxi-Pro, found in the vacuum cleaner aisle, is a miracle for all pet mistakes.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner had a spell of that when he was about 8 months old. My daughter had been over with her dog and then all of a sudden Tanner was peeing on my throw rugs and marking around his Xpen. This happened about 4-5 times then that was it.....never again.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max was dribbling a little while after we got peanut back in late feb or so. He was 7 to 8mos old at the time. it has stopped completely. this is the same dog that could sleep for 10hours at night and hold it.

It seemed like he regressed for a while and if we missed his signal welll yes he had piddles and we would run with outside in the snow as fast as we could hahahhahahaa

at a year old now he is finally great about letting us KNOW he has to go out regardless if he jus went a half hour ago. :shock:

When i look back 7 mos is a stage that presents challenges. Peanut is 7mos at the moment. hahhahahaa

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Just about an hour ago, I was out front with Ebbe as my husband got the lawnmower and headed for the back yard. She quietly watched him go, looked at me then squated on the driveway! Got quite a talkin' to as I struggled with the hose to wash it off. And upon reflection has also had two "accidents" in the house over the past few weeks ... she just turned 8 months.
You really begin to take for granted how good they are about letting us know it's "potty time".

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
If she just looks around she would see that her 'watering' method definitely DOES NOT promote grass growth - front or back!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts