Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Six weeks ago today, we had to put my sweetie Springer Casey down. I was lost! 5 days later, we bought BOGIE!
Things were tough when Bogie had parasites and hookworms..... :roll: We went through weeks of hell.....and so did he.
BUT!!!

Bogart is here and he is the sweetest little guy! I never thought anyBODY could fill the void Casey left. So on the 2nd day of the New Year....I feel so blessed to have him..that I want to brag a bit.

In just 5 weeks:
-he's housebroke
-he sits, stays, down, and almost rolls over
-walks well on his leash
-sleeps through the night
-now has solid poo's...lol
-sits when his food and water is put down and waits for the OKAY to eat command

HE IS SUCH A JOY!!!

His latest thing is when my husband or I leave, he sleeps on the back door landing or in the foyer by the front door. I'm starting to think that if he were alone a few minutes, uncrated...that this is what he'd do! NOTHING!
But...I don't want to take that chance yet. UH.....recall he ate a lamp cord??.....but hey! Wasn't that 2 weeks ago??

Anyhooo..........I am so pleased and content with my little Bogart that I wanted to shout it from the rooftops!!
Okay...............so when he screws up, please don't remind me of this post....... :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i am sooooooooooo happy for you!!!! Bogie is adorable and sounds like such a sweet precious doodle!!!

congrats once again :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Doodles continue to prove themselves to be an intelligent breed. Congrats to Bogie. Btw, I've been leaving Sam outside by himself while I've been inside spying on him. I've also been doing that at a friend's place. In both instances, he mainly sits by the door waiting. It's soooo adorable; it's as though he's guarding the door waiting for dad to appear. :lol: Occasionally, he goes off to play or to investigate something briefly but always returns to the door. You might find that Bogie will do the same thing when you're pretending to not be around. :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Linda,
Bogie sounds like just the medicine you needed for your broken heart- much like Tyke was when I lost my wonderful Fritzy in July! He is such a cutie - and I LOVE the name!!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Congrats to you and Bogie!! :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Congrats Linda. I'm so glad Bogie has helped you through a tough time. And he sounds so smart!! Bailey is just about 5 months old. Still being housebroken. No more accidents but I'm not sure if that would be the case if we didn't watch him so closely.

We lost Nakita about 6 months ago and I can't believe how much I love my new Bailey too (I almost feel guilty!). Some things still catch me off guard though - eg. I pulled out the Christmas decorations and just about lost it as I found Nakita's old stocking and at least three ornaments with her name on them. Her ornaments were the first on the tree (along with a new one for Bailey).

Like you, I have no regrets on getting another dog so quickly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm so glad Bogie's all better!

Even if they are not quite relatives, Bogie looks like Milo in that new picture (or is it just that he's a black 'dood? :) ) - I'm looking forward to them getting together! I am currently feeling very blessed by my dog, too: we just got back from a big romp in the snowy woods, and Milo is curled up on the couch next to me as I type. I thank heavens all the time that I walked into that dog store and happened upon the business card that told me where to find my dear boy!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone!!
I want to add & ask.........his paws are getting HUGE!!! When we first got him at 9 weeks.....I thought hmmm.....small paws.........smaller dood.
Well at 14 weeks he's almost off balance with how big they are. Does this always happen??

Caroline........I look forward to that day too. That will be such fun!!

We lost Nakita about 6 months ago and I can't believe how much I love my new Bailey too (I almost feel guilty!).
Gosh! I know the feeling!! But then I think that casey would be honored knowing my life without him was so bad that I had to do what I did!

Bogie sounds like just the medicine you needed for your broken heart- much like Tyke was when I lost my wonderful Fritzy in July!
OMG! Look at how many have lost their loving dogs!! I'm sorry for all of you....and empathize.

both instances, he mainly sits by the door waiting. It's soooo adorable; it's as though he's guarding the door waiting for dad to appear.
AWwwwwwwwww.........so sweet! Exactly what Bogie does.........

·
Registered
659 Posts
lindamarie said:
Thanks everyone!!
I want to add & ask.........his paws are getting HUGE!!!
By coincidence I was looking at Ozzie's paws yesterday morning. Ozzie already had big paws, but now they are mongo sized! Almost as big as my fist! I don't know enough about how doodles develop, but I wonder if it's the Poodle and Lab genes battling it out for dominance. Ozzie is now all feet and a big head.

I think I'm going to start a "doodle-paw to Owner's fist" comparison thread tonight.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like a good thread to me!! I swear, Bogie's paws are bigger then when I posted this the other day.............AND...........his legs are so tall!! He looks kind of like an awkward Junior High kid.............LOL

G

·
I loved that look when Maya had it. She was hilarious to watch run too. No coordination. Lots of tumbles and spills.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmz819 said:
I loved that look when Maya had it. She was hilarious to watch run too. No coordination. Lots of tumbles and spills.
YEPPERS! It's darling!
Bogie also has another cutsie...........lol..........when you go to pick him up, he does the dead weight thingie.............he becomes like a wet mop.
I swear he knows what he's doing too! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahhahaa i call that limp body thing
"like trying to pick up 55lbs of egg whites"

BEAU and PEANUT do it
oh BEAU's paws now look like snowshoes hahhaaa goofy stage

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19