Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just dropped Sawyer off at the vet for his neuter surgery and I am pretty bummed. Not because of the surgery so much, but because yesterday he started showing a strange limp, like one leg is bigger than the other, so they are going to check him out and hopefully rule out any serious problems. I searched the forum for any posts with the word limp in it and read all about Jett's HD and Raleigh's fracture and Toby's knees and many others as well. This forum is such a wealth of information and I thank everyone who shares of their knowledge to help others. What did people do before the internet?

·
Registered
689 Posts
I know I got more work done...it just wasn't as fun!!!!

We're all thinking of your Sawyer and praying all goes well and the vet finds his limp is nothing.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well, if it's any consolation...Toby's knees are doing great. We added Glucosamine to his diet and he doesn't limp at all any more. I had them x-ray his knees and hips while he was sleeping (neutered) and the pictures really bothered us, but.......He really is doing well. :D Please keep us posted on Sawyer.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Susana,
I hope that the testing results are good ones for you and for Sawyer.
I also hope that he recovers quickly from his operation.
You and Sawyer will be in my thoughts...take care.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys are sweet. Thanks.

Sawyer is doing great. If you judged by how happy he was when I picked him up yesterday you would have thought he spent the day at doggie spa, with the anesthesia being nothing but a really deep nap and his surgery nothing but a bikini wax! :lol: Crazy doodle! Now the tough part is keeping him quiet.

As for the limp the vet said she could not feel anything abnormal by palpitating and did not elicit any pain or discomfort so for now they think it is growing pains and they hope that with the rest he will be getting in the next few days he will be fine. I can't see a limp today so I hope they are right. :roll: The worry is like watching your children breath in their sleep when they are babies. Did anyone else do that?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Guilty!
I even watch my dogs breathe in their sleep!
Good news for you and Sawyer! I am very happy!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I'm so glad that Sawyer breezed thru his surgery and his limp seems to be better. Yes, I can relate to watching my children breath while sleeping and I too, as Jac, watch for the tummies of my puppies to go in and out. It's just one of those things us mother's tend to do, I don't think we ever quit doing it, whether it is our 2 legged children or our 4 legged children :wink: Hugs to Sawyer :!:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts