Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is rather long but it's hard to tell only part of the story.

My stepson is a 39 year-old, irresponsible "kid." Love him, but that's how it is. He does, however have a heart as big as Texas when it comes to dogs. If he ever sees a stray, he will take it and keep it until he locates the owner. Well, that quit working a week and a half ago when he found a white boxer running around a busy intersection. No collar. He did the usual placing of the ad, but no response. Because he lives in a one bedroom apartment with only a small, fenced patio, the boxer wound up spending his days in our side yard. No surprise. He was extremely friendly and playful--young, I'm sure. He loved Dakota and Dakota loved him back but, even weighing 15 pounds less than Dakota, he sooo overpowered Dakota which made me a bit nervous, so any romps they had were supervised. Sean already has an 80 pound rottie mix and I saw a problem coming--if I didn't solve Sean's problem, AGAIN, we would wind up with one of his dogs, AGAIN! :roll:

There is no way we would put a dog like a boxer into a kill shelter--their faces look too much like pit bulls--let me correct that--we wouldn't put any dog into a kill shelter. I tried to email the Boxer Board. You have to register first and when I tried, I got a message that they are currently not accepting new members-so I couldn't even send an email-sheesh! I don't know how I found it, but I located the NorCal Boxer Rescue which happens to be in Davis--about 25 miles from us. I logged onto their site and they had a message that they were not accepting any dogs at this time--another sheesh! I groveled on email for days and didn't get a response. Finally, the president emailed me and said pictures would help. Out comes the camera. I submitted them and waited--nothing, nothing, nothing. I groveled some more. Finally, I got another email asking that we take him to the vet to see if he was chipped. We did, he wasn't. Waited, waited. More groveling. Yesterday, I got an email that he would be placed in a foster home. We just needed to take him to a vet in Sacramento they use so he could have a health check and vaccinations. Sean took him--thank goodness. A happy day for all--especially the boxer that has been placed in a home that WANTS a boxer! :D I love happy endings! :D :D

Sean's comment: "But I was getting really attached to him . . ." :shock: No chance!
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I think I resemble your son but in a girl like way :) I love the story. Your are such an awesome persone to put that much effort into a) finding that doggy a home and b) unenabling your son!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts