Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Murray here @ 8 months old has discoverd the new love of chasing the water as it comes out of the hose.
I can zip zag the spray on the ground and he's there.
I point it in the air, and he jumps for it.
It's all a game to him.
I can leave it on the ground and he barks at it.
Unfortunatly, if I truley want to get any real watering done I
have to put him inside.
Any other water loving doodle out there? :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Fonzie is crazy about the water! He discovered the hose a few weeks ago, and we do have fun teasing him with it. We have taken him to a pond to swim, and that has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen. He started off barking at the water, then slapping his paws in the water. That led to a digging motion in the water and that led to a paddle motion. After that, we had to end up dragging him out to go home. We did get a kiddie pool for him and have filled it every day. We put toys and hold cookies under water and he holds his breath and let air out his nose while he is searching underwater. I did have to get some ear cleansing solution from the vet to keep the ears clean from all the water, though.

Nancy

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Hahahaha! How cute!
Did you ever see the Sears commercial where the dog grabs the hose (water running) and takes it inside the house through the doggie door? Watch it! :lol:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Annabelle loves to go out in the rain, but..........if the sprinkler is on, she will run all the way around it to get to other side of yard :roll:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Ozzie likes to get spritzed with the hose (not doused)... and fresh ccol water in his backyard water bowl.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max loves trying to catch the water coming out of a hose no matter what setting the nozzle is set on hahhaaaa

when i take a bath he also cries/whines as he thinks the bathtub is a big water bowl hahahaaa

peanut on the other hand prefers to float on the raft or paddleboat
will only drink from the hose when it's on a low setting
as she thinks she's a real princess...doesn't even dribble water on the floor either :shock: after drinking half the water in their bowl.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Louie LOVES water! He likes to bite the water coming out of the hose on all the various settings. I'm thinking I will set up a sprinkler just for him to run through!

He likes playing at the edge of the river where I walk him. I don't dare take him off the leash there! Too much temptation!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nicky will drink from a hose, but doesn't like being sprayed with it. Last year I had a kiddie pool for him, but the only time he'd go in it was when it was empty! He was more interested in pulling it around the yard and chewing the plastic. However, he loved running in the creek at the dog park.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts