Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question:
Are the Nylabone plastic toy teething ring keys supposed to be chewed, scraped and then SWALLOWED in very tiny slivers?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hello Linda, Otto chewed through all of the keys first he chewed the ends off and I kept finding small pieces of plastic on the floor, I thought they were not able to be chewed as they are quite expensive :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Angie!
I researched a little further and found this description below. I agree with you that they are too expensive to be taken away after being chewed once. It makes me nervous when I see how much she is able to gnaw off, so better safe than sorry.
The Puppy Teething Keys are specifically designed to aid young puppies in the growth and development of their teeth and jaws. They also encourage safe and non-destructive chewing.

During normal chewing, small bristle-like projections will be raised on the keys which help clean teeth and massage gums.

This is not a consumable product but small shavings (no larger than a grain of rice) should pass through without effect.
This product should not be used by a dog with any of its adult teeth.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It says not for stong jaws or chewers,
Raw hide chews otto would nibble and one chew would last him for days sometimes over a week and that was a thin one. Now he can have a thick chew finished in two days. Nylone keys he just chewed and spit out it was like throwing almost 10 english pounds away

·
Registered
269 Posts
I know it says that and when I saw that I was surprised because the thing is VERY hard and Sammy has been working on one for MONTHS now. She slowly takes off layers, the T-rex head went first, now he is down to his arms, but as I said it was never in chunks... just small grains and she REALLY chews the thing hard!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts